Light-O-Rama Forums

2019 Mad Grab sale!

k6ccc

Yep, just got the email.  Last year I bought three controllers (to bring my total to 5), and I'm very tempted to buy a couple more.  My arches this year were great, and would love to add at least ONE more color to each of them - which would require 24 more channels!  But then I also want to do mini trees this year, and if I do a set of 6 (two under each arch) I'd still need 2 controllers at a minimum because I'd do 3 colors per tree, for a total of 18 channels.

Man, I need to win the lottery.

Although if I won the lottery I'd probably start from scratch and invest in pixels. *lol*

Start thinking RGB (either smart or dumb) as it makes the number of colors FAR easier to deal with...

• Like 1

I really wish LOR would come out with some E1.31 boards only, it would bring them some more business. Lighters like myself use mainly E1.31 so I take about 90% of my business elsewhere just because LOR doesn't carry enough options.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I really wish LOR would come out with some E1.31 boards only, it would bring them some more business. Lighters like myself use mainly E1.31 so I take about 90% of my business elsewhere just because LOR doesn't carry enough options.

I have heard that there are some new E1.31 devices in the works.

1 hour ago, DevMike said:

anything you could let us in on board size or number of pixels, power wise anything would do

As I understand it, the spring sale is a inventory tax reduction sale.  I would assume that LOR does not need or desire to reduce inventory of those two controllers.  Thank you BTW for the reminder - I had planned on picking up a Pixie 4 in the sale and had forgotten about that when I first read the announcement.

7 hours ago, Mr. P said:

+ + +

I would also like to see that.  I am using SanDevices controllers for almost all my pixels - although a lot of that is because in 2012 when I first started with smart pixels, there were FAR fewer options than there are now - and only CCRs from LOR which were A ) far too expensive, and B ) would. not allow me to build my tree the size that I wanted.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sysco said:

anything you could let us in on board size or number of pixels, power wise anything would do

Nope.  Sorry. ;)

My show is getting pretty big as I add new stuff every year. Unlike some others on here, cough,,,cough,,,dibblejr,,,cough,,,cough,,, I don't want to have eight networks. I like the fact that I can run my show on two, one RS485 and one E1.31.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Mr. P said:

My show is getting pretty big as I add new stuff every year. Unlike some others on here, cough,,,cough,,,dibblejr,,,cough,,,cough,,, I don't want to have eight networks. I like the fact that I can run my show on two, one RS485 and one E1.31.

I'm pretty much the same way. :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr. P said:

got a lot going on with mine and it's all on one E1.31 network, run my LOR controllers via DMX mode off of a Falcon F16V3.  Adding a F48 this year plus 14 receivers and will keep it on one network.

8 minutes ago, caniac said:

got a lot going on with mine and it's all on one E1.31 network, run my LOR controllers via DMX mode off of a Falcon F16V3.  Adding a F48 this year plus 14 receivers and will keep it on one network.

I ran the F48 last year and it is so much easier. I center it on the house then branch off to all areas of the house for my pixels. It was like having 12 four port controllers.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. P said:

I ran the F48 last year and it is so much easier. I center it on the house then branch off to all areas of the house for my pixels. It was like having 12 four port controllers.

ditto, I also built a F4V3 this year and spent the extra for the expansion board to take it to twelve outputs.  Four are on the board and the differential expansion board has two ports for two four port receivers.  If I can get it all built this years show will be awesome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caniac said:

ditto, I also built a F4V3 this year and spent the extra for the expansion board to take it to twelve outputs.  Four are on the board and the differential expansion board has two ports for two four port receivers.  If I can get it all built this years show will be awesome.

I love all the expansion that Falcon can do. That is why over the last two years I have converted evrything to them. All my original pixel controllers are backups in case an emergency comes up.

Just now, Mr. P said:

I love all the expansion that Falcon can do. That is why over the last two years I have converted everything to them. All my original pixel controllers are backups in case an emergency comes up.

same here, so far the only controller issues I have had was my Alphapix controllers ('nuff said) and the dreaded LOR RJ45 issues.

1 minute ago, caniac said:

same here, so far the only controller issues I have had was my Alphapix controllers ('nuff said) and the dreaded LOR RJ45 issues.

One thing with the F48, I used a 5v wall power adapter with the barrel connector as they said it would be fine, it's not. I blew the power adapter the first night so I am sticking with the regular 5v square power supply that you mount in the enclosure.

12 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

One thing with the F48, I used a 5v wall power adapter with the barrel connector as they said it would be fine, it's not. I blew the power adapter the first night so I am sticking with the regular 5v square power supply that you mount in the enclosure.

I am using a DIN rail setup to power it plus three Pi's (master, P10 slave, Marquee slave).  Will use colorlight boards on my P10's (brighter, sharper, richer colors).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005T6RBSO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:19 AM, DevMike said:

DevMike  can you tell me if these devices can be used with  S4 with the same results  or more suited for S5