Light-O-Rama Forums

JR Dibble And James Morris and Their sequences

gernergang

These 2 guys are class acts . They have used their time and generosity for everyone on this site and they are greatly appreciated. Thank you again James and JR for everything you guys do! 

Chris 

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, many thanks to both of you from this newbie. Without your sharing of sequences it would be incredibly hard (impossible) to do alone. I have had to learn many different things since I have placed my summer sale order. This LOR is difficult to learn under pressure of the holidays coming. I hope that I can contribute to this wonderful forum once I master the software.

Again, a BIG THANK YOU!!!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

A big thank you to everyone that shares.  If it was not for them, I would not have a show.  I am "sequencing illiterate" so I depend on people like these two to make it possible for me to have a great show!!!  

Yes JR and James have been a great help to everyone on this site. Let me tell you  it's  because of  people like JR AND JAMES   THAT I'm able to enjoy this hobby also like to extend a thank you  to K6CCC and MR P  also  Hope you guys  stay around  on this forum for a long time

g

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Added singing trees to the display this year.  Found out I’m just plain awful at sequencing faces!  Jumped on the forums for some tips and found these guys.  JR sent me a couple of face sequences and WOW...amazing!  Knowing there is a community like this with the quality and generosity of JR and James makes me love this hobby even more than I already did!  Thanks guys!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ceegars said:

Added singing trees to the display this year.  Found out I’m just plain awful at sequencing faces!  Jumped on the forums for some tips and found these guys.  JR sent me a couple of face sequences and WOW...amazing!  Knowing there is a community like this with the quality and generosity of JR and James makes me love this hobby even more than I already did!  Thanks guys!

I agree with you so much Ceegars. With out their help and support my show would not be as great as it is. I could not do it with out them

First I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to all that have commented here. I am a humble person and would never have considered replying here but the majority of you along with many others will be affected by the following statement.

Some of you already know this but some may have missed this. I would like to apologize for not sharing any more sequences at this moment. This is due to some members that have no morals, respect or integrity.

I simply post in my opening "Sharing Sequence" threads that they are shared for Private Use Only. I even go to the extreme of including the same words to include Sharing in the paragraph under as well as Sellers Please Do Not ask.

To top it off I include the same wording in the instructions that I send out in the sequence(s).

Then once I send it in about 90% of the "sent" replies I place the "Private Use Only" there as well. Still members went out of their way and shared/ sold them the exact way I sent them or copy pasted in to their config and shared or sold them, thinking "because I changed things around it is my work". That is 100% wrong, period.

Therefore before I can figure out how to at least slow down the problem I will no longer send shared sequences. I will also never sequence a special request be it VO or Song for free. My time is worth more than to have someone ask me, I sequence and then the share or sell. 

Thank you all for your kind words. 

JR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I can't blame you guys in the least. It is a little disheartening. You two were handling the lion's share of the requests after all. I'm sure with the intellect that exists around here, we can come up with a better solution.  Maybe even a swap or exchange program? Someone once told me that when people have to invest in doing something (whether it be time or money), they'll take it a lot more seriously than they would if they were only given something at no cost to them.  

Being new to this i dont know ALOT yet but i have been messing around with sequencing and trying get everything timed corectly. This hobby takes so much time to get everything the way we want it and i see how much you two have done and shared with this community, the amount of hours you guys have basically donated or volunteered for people here is enormous. People need to respect your wishes and give credit where do, Yall have simple request its a discredit for people to do what they have done to both of you. I hope we can all come up with something I know it was mentioned customizing per each personal request but i feel the amount of time and effort that will be required will greatly increase keeping you from your families more. I am sure that there are plenty here that would stand behind you if you were to open up shop. you deserve to get something for your time.

Wow - it is so disheartening when a few crummy jerks mess things up.  This is such a fantastic board and I've been really enjoying interacting with so many of you.  The sequences I received from JR and James have been amazingly helpful and its so sad that they have been pushed to this point. :(  I'm personally bummed since I just asked for a few more just this morning, but totally understand where they are coming from with this decision.  Their sequences have massively improved my Halloween show.  I sincerely doubt that my Xmas show will reach the same level without their expertise.

Not sure if it would help, but a different forum I am on (not lights related at all) has a rule where someone has to be an "active poster" to receive shared items.  The term is a little loose, but posting simple posts like "I agree" or in this case "please send me a copy" doesn't count.  A poster has to actually interact and participate on the forum.  Of course, it would probably be a pain to have to look everyone up to see if they are active or not....  and, of course, that doesn't guarantee that they are a decent person!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbeebe said:

Wow - it is so disheartening when a few crummy jerks mess things up.  This is such a fantastic board and I've been really enjoying interacting with so many of you.  The sequences I received from JR and James have been amazingly helpful and its so sad that they have been pushed to this point. :(  I'm personally bummed since I just asked for a few more just this morning, but totally understand where they are coming from with this decision.  Their sequences have massively improved my Halloween show.  I sincerely doubt that my Xmas show will reach the same level without their expertise.

Not sure if it would help, but a different forum I am on (not lights related at all) has a rule where someone has to be an "active poster" to receive shared items.  The term is a little loose, but posting simple posts like "I agree" or in this case "please send me a copy" doesn't count.  A poster has to actually interact and participate on the forum.  Of course, it would probably be a pain to have to look everyone up to see if they are active or not....  and, of course, that doesn't guarantee that they are a decent person!

Since we have absolutely no forum control I doubt this would work. It would be nice if like some other forums I am a member that a user has to have …. posts before they can get in certain parts of the forums as well as a check box meaning they have read and understand the rules.

Unfortunately or fortunately this is supposed to be a happy site where almost all of us can get along so I doubt we would ever see that change.

Below is the answer to what we will do from this point on.

Thanks

JR

Ok, so we had a chance to test it and unless all a user has is 4 faces in a particular sequence it would be worthless. For example if you have a show with faces (any number 4 or less) and had one sequence with just faces you can use it in your show. However if you were expecting to use it with a full sequence you cant.

I spoke with James and since we both have hearts, we do not want to penalize new members or members that do have integrity etc. Its a simple solution. Anyone requesting will type in their request that they understand they will not sell or share our sequence and that modifying or adding it to their sequence does not give them the right to share or sell. Members without integrity caught will be reported to LOR staff, ebay, paypal and or any other selling/ sharing site admins.

Any new/ custom requests must be made through PM or our email address's and we will discuss in private but the same rules will apply.

We will share the old sequences only - no sequences produced from here on out will be shared. 

We can only assume that everyone in the world already have  our sequences based on recent events.

Hopefully it will be just that simple.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Thanks 1

Hi JR - I think you are both being VERY nice about this.  You have every right to be upset.  As someone who loves your sequences, I'm thrilled you are gong to continue sharing the existing sequences.  Another poster earlier today (I think in a different thread) stated how angry he felt on your behalf - I have to say that I totally agree with him.  This has popped into my head while doing other stuff several times this evening, and I get angry again each time!  Sometimes it seems like "common decency" just isn't as common as we would like it to be.

I have a couple quick procedural questions:

Do you have some boilerplate text for the statement that you want, or should users just copy what you stated above and modify to be in first person (eg. I will not sell or share your sequence and modifying or adding it to my own sequence does not give me the right to share or sell the sequence.)

I think you are asking that all requests be sent via PM or email instead of in the forum threads? - if that is correct, do you want a message for each individual sequence or if someone is asking for more than 1, do you want that combined into a single request with a list?

PJD

50 minutes ago, dbeebe said:

Hi JR - I think you are both being VERY nice about this.  You have every right to be upset.  As someone who loves your sequences, I'm thrilled you are gong to continue sharing the existing sequences.  Another poster earlier today (I think in a different thread) stated how angry he felt on your behalf - I have to say that I totally agree with him.  This has popped into my head while doing other stuff several times this evening, and I get angry again each time!  Sometimes it seems like "common decency" just isn't as common as we would like it to be.

I have a couple quick procedural questions:

Do you have some boilerplate text for the statement that you want, or should users just copy what you stated above and modify to be in first person (eg. I will not sell or share your sequence and modifying or adding it to my own sequence does not give me the right to share or sell the sequence.)

I think you are asking that all requests be sent via PM or email instead of in the forum threads? - if that is correct, do you want a message for each individual sequence or if someone is asking for more than 1, do you want that combined into a single request with a list?

PJD

As long as the requester posts something to the affect that " I understand I will not share or sell this sequence. I understand adding it to my sequence or modifying it does not make it my work to share or sell".

That should be enough.

For those that request prior, you can post that, Copy paste is ok.

We will be adding it to the threads as people request so they can copy paste.

Thank you and don't lose any sleep over this on our account. 

The PM's are only for special requests that are not in our sharing threads. Everyone will just go on as normal and post that within their request.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Hi dbeebe- you are right about the lack of common decency these days!  It’s sad that JR and James even have to deal with any of this.

As far as your procedural question- The way I read JR’s comment was that requests for all previously posted material would be through the forum, with the added language about not sharing or selling.   You would only PM requests for new or custom material.  And, I think we can all agree that we would go through whatever verification process they requested.  That’s the least we can do to help out!