Light-O-Rama Forums

Non-standard pixel trees

Valentin

Hello. I'm newbie in superstar sequencer and i'm trying to make the sequence for my pixel tree. It have 21 strings of 73 pixels. I've tryed to make such layout in the program, but i couldn't find the proper settings.

It's possible to make the sequence for such layout using superstar sequenser?

Assuming you are using S5 (as your profile states) your config would be created in an S5 Preview - not directly in SuperStar.  If you can’t figure it out, tell me the exact layout and I’ll set up a prop file for you.  I would need to know if top to bottom or bottom up, left to right or right to left, and channel layout.

11 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Assuming you are using S5 (as your profile states) your config would be created in an S5 Preview - not directly in SuperStar.  If you can’t figure it out, tell me the exact layout and I’ll set up a prop file for you.  I would need to know if top to bottom or bottom up, left to right or right to left, and channel layout.

Thanks! I'll try to make it tomorrow

So, i've created a layout with some changes. I have 21 strings of 73 pixels, so i've created a preview with 10 strings with 146 pixels on each and made 1 fold on each string. So summary i've recieved a 20*73 pixels tree.

And now i don't know, how to export it to superstar sequencer. The preview file is attached.

tree 20_73.lorprev

Is that how the actual strings are going to be built?  You originally said 21 x 73 and now it's 20 x 73 with a fold.  It's VERY important to map it EXACTLY as the prop will actually be built.

As for exporting to SuperStar, that's not how it's done in S5.  In the S5 Sequencer, select a motion effects row for the tree for some amount of time, and select "Insert SuperStar Effects".  That will open SuperStar with that prop and segment of time.  Sequence in SuperStar, then exit SuperStar.  That will insert that sequencing for that chunk of time into the sequence.  To edit it later, double click on the segment and it will automatically open that segment in SuperStar.

Thanks, now i see, how to use it. I have 21*73 tree, but i've made it as an example 20*73. For now i want to learn, how to make superstar effects for the strings longer than 50.

I've made it fold, because i think, that u should fold it during installing to use less ports of the controller. It will be cheaper to use power injections.

2 hours ago, Valentin said:

Thanks, now i see, how to use it. I have 21*73 tree, but i've made it as an example 20*73. For now i want to learn, how to make superstar effects for the strings longer than 50.

No problem at all.  Longer than 50, I have strings of 60 pixels, 70 pixels, 94 pixels, 100 pixels, & 116 pixels.  All sequenced in SuperStar.

I've made it fold, because i think, that u should fold it during installing to use less ports of the controller. It will be cheaper to use power injections.

Yes, the fold uses less ports.  Some people are practically paranoid at needing to use power injection and will avoid it at almost all cost, and some hardly even think about it.  Personally I have no problem using power injection when needed.  I also am not afraid to have lots of shorter strings when that is convenient.

For now i want to learn, how to make superstar effects for the strings longer than 50. 

Used your preview for this QUICK demo...

• 3 months later...

Hello!

I have one more question in superstar:

I'm building the big christmass tree with different pixels quantity in the strings (like on the picture):

1st string - 135 px

2nd - 100 px

3rd - 70

4th - 100 px

5th - 135 px

etc.

How to make such layout in S5?bigtreeexample.thumb.png.64fc213e370c09116c3c7e8cb71d59af.png