Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone else not receiving LOR E-Mail from Forums?

Orville

Check my e-mail every day for any new forum content, for the last 1-2 days I have gotten nothing sent from the forums.  Checked my settings and everything is correct for getting them, but it hasn't sent me anything for the last few days.

Anyone else having this issue?

{Maybe this is why that other post "about the forums being quiet lately}, but when I checked the forums there's a lot of new content, which I would usually always get in my e-mail.

LOR: You need to check the settings for this on your end.  Something must not be set right if e-mail is not getting sent out from the forums.  Checked mine, and they are set correctly, so has to be on the forum end.

Well, I logged into the forums and replied as soon as I saw the topic... so not sure what's going on, but I don't think it's on LOR's end.

Course, with 9 million different steps between the forums and your email provider, who knows what's really going on.

I get mine, I did find it interesting when some members said they didn't see any new posts for "......hours" however there were actually a few of us that had posted within the time frames

JR

23 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I get mine, I did find it interesting when some members said they didn't see any new posts for "......hours" however there were actually a few of us that had posted within the time frames

JR

I have received several in the past 24 hours.  I suspect that people were not seeing any activity because of ignored topics.  This time of year, there are tons of Sequence Sharing posts, but not much else.  Since I set almost all Sequence Sharing topics to ignore, I routinely see the notice at the top of the forum that there are nn new posts, but when I refresh, there are none - at least that I see.

4 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I have received several in the past 24 hours.  I suspect that people were not seeing any activity because of ignored topics.  This time of year, there are tons of Sequence Sharing posts, but not much else.  Since I set almost all Sequence Sharing topics to ignore, I routinely see the notice at the top of the forum that there are nn new posts, but when I refresh, there are none - at least that I see.

Haven't gotten any from replies to posts I made, just came here and found replies to this thread which isn't ignored, also the LOR S4 forum, where I posted a topic about a possible bug, there were answers there, but no e-mails telling me any new posts were in there {replied to} and a few other forus, I think I may be ignoring one forum area here, which may be the sequence sharing.  Other than that, I see new posts in threads I am following, but not getting the e-mail, and I always got them before, the e-mail address the forums send from is in my safe senders list, so they should be getting through to me.  I have never not received them until today.  And no settings have been changed in my e-mail or here in the forum settings either.

So I can only think that it could possibly be something in the forum software not sending them, but if others are getting them, then I should be too.  Just checked my e-mail before I checked in here directly and nothing from the forums, even though I had replies to my posts and a notification, that I also usually got in my e-mail and on my desktop.

So I have no idea what is going on or why I am not receiving them.

5 hours ago, Don said:

Well, I logged into the forums and replied as soon as I saw the topic... so not sure what's going on, but I don't think it's on LOR's end.

Course, with 9 million different steps between the forums and your email provider, who knows what's really going on.

Ain't that the truth!

15 minutes ago, Orville said:

So I can only think that it could possibly be something in the forum software not sending them, but if others are getting them, then I should be too.

The fact that others are getting them means that they are going out. I can't possibly explain why you aren't getting the messages, as there are many (many) reasons why an email might not reach out. Just know that it's not a LOR problem.

Since my previous reply, there have been four replies.  I received four E-Mails.  On your Schedule Editor thread, there were three replies and I received three E-Mails.  Sounds like it's working OK for me.

14 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Since my previous reply, there have been four replies.  I received four E-Mails.  On your Schedule Editor thread, there were three replies and I received three E-Mails.  Sounds like it's working OK for me.

I got this one, but not at the original e-mail I was using.  I changed to a different e-mail account in the settings here, and they are same company for the other e-mail I was using, and I got this one, and one other from a different thread.  

So now it appears to be working fine, don't know why they weren't coming in to the other account, again same company. 

But for some reason they stopped coming in.  And I checked everything in settings on both ends, Light-O-Ram Forums and the e-mail I was having issues with, nothing had been changed at either end, so they should have been getting to me, but weren't.

Then I checked the e-mail account I'm now using, no difference in settings from either of the e-mail accounts, exact same settings in both e-mail accounts, so I just don't get why I wasn't getting the notifications from here in the e-mail. 

All I can say is that was, and is, very weird.

• The topic was locked