Light-O-Rama Forums

Quiet around here.

PhilMassey

7 hours ago, TGabriel said:

Well I retired beginning of the year and I can do what I want when I want.

Congratulations on the retirement. I've been retired since 2009. but it was due to medical and vision issues, put me on Disability starting in 2010, as I am still too young by about 3 years before actual retirement age.  I think retirement for us guys is 65, and I'm only 62 currently, but will hit 63 this year{2019}. 

But I keep hearing they're trying to get this up to 70 or 75 now.  I think that's a little ridiculous, most people that age might be able to work, but there are also a lot that just won't make it that far due to health/medical issues or worse, die.

I keep hoping and praying I'll make it to 100, it could be possible.🤨  Just not sure if I'll actually make it.🤔

4 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

Hey everybody wake up 282 days till lights on ! No time to waste sleeping.although I just woke up I'm retired .

Don't feel alone in that.  I just got up myself too.🤣  But I was also working on some things until around 4am too.B)

On 2/19/2019 at 2:45 PM, PhilMassey said:

Wow. Only one post in more than 24 hrs. Might be a record.

I must be slipping then, I usually check in here at least once a day, usually a lot more.  But got busy with doing other things and didn't do much on the computer.  So, yep, that might be a record all right!:)

2 hours ago, Orville said:

Congratulations on the retirement. I've been retired since 2009. but it was due to medical and vision issues, put me on Disability starting in 2010, as I am still too young by about 3 years before actual retirement age.  I think retirement for us guys is 65, and I'm only 62 currently, but will hit 63 this year{2019}. 

But I keep hearing they're trying to get this up to 70 or 75 now.  I think that's a little ridiculous, most people that age might be able to work, but there are also a lot that just won't make it that far due to health/medical issues or worse, die.

I keep hoping and praying I'll make it to 100, it could be possible.🤨  Just not sure if I'll actually make it.🤔

If you were born after 1960, it is 67YO for full, but you need to check with the SSA because of disability.

I have none because I ran up against Medicare rules (I refuse to answer any medical questions, which is considered a Felony in Cal to leave blank). To bad I don't live in Puerto Rico. They don't get Medicare, only SSI

30 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

67YO? Dang, I retired 10 years ago and still have 16 years before I collect?

Don't you have some Army benes? I only did 8 Active Navy, so I have none there.

9 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Don't you have some Army benes? I only did 8 Active Navy, so I have none there.

Yeah, about 4k a month but that is my play money. You know what they say, "Big boys have expensive toys."

• The topic was locked