Light-O-Rama Forums
PhilMassey

Quiet around here.

Wow. Only one post in more than 24 hrs. Might be a record.

11 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

folks are still in a post decorating coma.   I have already started sequencing and building a few new controllers.

• Like 1

Sun was out. Yard work and I am working on upgrades to my controllers.

7 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Sun was out. Yard work and I am working on upgrades to my controllers.

Yard work? damn... not so soon! Nooooooooooooooo

I'm just being lazy and taking my time working on sequences and having fun with my boys.

JR

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

I'm just being lazy and taking my time working on sequences and having fun with my boys.

JR

Gotcha beat JR. I'm just being lazy. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

I dont think I signed in here for a few days!  My mind has been straying lately.   Dont tell my wife.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

Yard work? damn... not so soon! Nooooooooooooooo

I can't wait to do yard work because that means I'm not snow blowing or shoveling snow anymore. 

Well I retired beginning of the year and I can do what I want when I want.

Yep - post light show coma.  I am doing a little prep work for sequencing.

Hey everybody wake up 282 days till lights on ! No time to waste sleeping.although I just woke up I'm retired .

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Yep - post light show coma.  I am doing a little prep work for sequencing.

In my usual fashion I have four sequences done for Halloween and four for Christmas, my general thought process is as long as I have four for each I have something to play (will add additional music as they year progresses).  Have a Falcon F48 on the way, have built 4 of 14 "receiver" boxes.  Two dozen props to build and that is if the wife doesn't add anything else.  Have been BANNED from purchasing products from HC by David so this will be my first year dealing with RayWu.  One day at a time.

I'm just scouring the web for pre-sales. New year so wife gives a new allotment for show spending. I have a lot of cash burning a hole in my pocket.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, caniac said:

In my usual fashion I have four sequences done for Halloween and four for Christmas, my general thought process is as long as I have four for each I have something to play (will add additional music as they year progresses).  Have a Falcon F48 on the way, have built 4 of 14 "receiver" boxes.  Two dozen props to build and that is if the wife doesn't add anything else.  Have been BANNED from purchasing products from HC by David so this will be my first year dealing with RayWu.  One day at a time.

What did you do to get banned? OUCH!

Just now, gsmith37064 said:

What did you do to get banned? OUCH!

How many reasons do you need?  Returned defective product to be replaced (per previous conversation), got it back REPAIRED, returned differently than sent, one item STILL defective, expressed my displeasure using the best NAVY language I could muster.  They did not approve of my assessment of his product, customer service skills, nor his parentage.  In other words for being me.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, caniac said:

How many reasons do you need?  Returned defective product to be replaced (per previous conversation), got it back REPAIRED, returned differently than sent, one item STILL defective, expressed my displeasure using the best NAVY language I could muster.  They did not approve of my assessment of his product, customer service skills, nor his parentage.  In other words for being me.

I personally dont't have any issues with Dave or HC. He has always done me right and for that, I will continue to buy and support his products.

Dave if you are watching - more RGB props please. Mainly the light-bulb RGB face!!

12 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

I personally dont't have any issues with Dave or HC. He has always done me right and for that, I will continue to buy and support his products.

Dave if you are watching - more RGB props please. Mainly the light-bulb RGB face!!

my problems with him started two years ago when 14 of my 16 RGB strips failed after 9 months, though he replaced them that many should not have failed.  Had the same issues with my 100ct pixel nodes from him (6 out of 16).  I can see a 10% failure rate given what we do but 60-80% is an issue.  And remember you asked why I was banned.  Not much into trashing vendors, just vote with my wallet - it carries much more weight than social media.

Edited by caniac

They all come from China. I think it's just the luck of the draw on if they make it through a season of rain and snow. I do know that you need to seal as the ends are not completely water proof.

I moved over to nodes as they seem to be more robust and a lot easier to replace. The don't look as good as the ribbons but o'well...

7 hours ago, TGabriel said:

Well I retired beginning of the year and I can do what I want when I want.

Congratulations on the retirement. I've been retired since 2009. but it was due to medical and vision issues, put me on Disability starting in 2010, as I am still too young by about 3 years before actual retirement age.  I think retirement for us guys is 65, and I'm only 62 currently, but will hit 63 this year{2019}. 

But I keep hearing they're trying to get this up to 70 or 75 now.  I think that's a little ridiculous, most people that age might be able to work, but there are also a lot that just won't make it that far due to health/medical issues or worse, die.

I keep hoping and praying I'll make it to 100, it could be possible.🤨  Just not sure if I'll actually make it.🤔

4 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

Hey everybody wake up 282 days till lights on ! No time to waste sleeping.although I just woke up I'm retired .

Don't feel alone in that.  I just got up myself too.🤣  But I was also working on some things until around 4am too.B)

On 2/19/2019 at 2:45 PM, PhilMassey said:

I must be slipping then, I usually check in here at least once a day, usually a lot more.  But got busy with doing other things and didn't do much on the computer.  So, yep, that might be a record all right!:)

2 hours ago, Orville said:

Congratulations on the retirement. I've been retired since 2009. but it was due to medical and vision issues, put me on Disability starting in 2010, as I am still too young by about 3 years before actual retirement age.  I think retirement for us guys is 65, and I'm only 62 currently, but will hit 63 this year{2019}. 

But I keep hearing they're trying to get this up to 70 or 75 now.  I think that's a little ridiculous, most people that age might be able to work, but there are also a lot that just won't make it that far due to health/medical issues or worse, die.

I keep hoping and praying I'll make it to 100, it could be possible.🤨  Just not sure if I'll actually make it.🤔

If you were born after 1960, it is 67YO for full, but you need to check with the SSA because of disability.

I have none because I ran up against Medicare rules (I refuse to answer any medical questions, which is considered a Felony in Cal to leave blank). To bad I don't live in Puerto Rico. They don't get Medicare, only SSI

67YO? Dang, I retired 10 years ago and still have 16 years before I collect?