Light-O-Rama Forums

Quiet around here.

PhilMassey

11 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Wow. Only one post in more than 24 hrs. Might be a record.

folks are still in a post decorating coma.   I have already started sequencing and building a few new controllers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Sun was out. Yard work and I am working on upgrades to my controllers.

Yard work? damn... not so soon! Nooooooooooooooo

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

I'm just being lazy and taking my time working on sequences and having fun with my boys.

JR

Gotcha beat JR. I'm just being lazy. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Wow. Only one post in more than 24 hrs. Might be a record.

I dont think I signed in here for a few days!  My mind has been straying lately.   Dont tell my wife.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

Yard work? damn... not so soon! Nooooooooooooooo

I can't wait to do yard work because that means I'm not snow blowing or shoveling snow anymore. 

8 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Yep - post light show coma.  I am doing a little prep work for sequencing.

In my usual fashion I have four sequences done for Halloween and four for Christmas, my general thought process is as long as I have four for each I have something to play (will add additional music as they year progresses).  Have a Falcon F48 on the way, have built 4 of 14 "receiver" boxes.  Two dozen props to build and that is if the wife doesn't add anything else.  Have been BANNED from purchasing products from HC by David so this will be my first year dealing with RayWu.  One day at a time.

I'm just scouring the web for pre-sales. New year so wife gives a new allotment for show spending. I have a lot of cash burning a hole in my pocket.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, caniac said:

In my usual fashion I have four sequences done for Halloween and four for Christmas, my general thought process is as long as I have four for each I have something to play (will add additional music as they year progresses).  Have a Falcon F48 on the way, have built 4 of 14 "receiver" boxes.  Two dozen props to build and that is if the wife doesn't add anything else.  Have been BANNED from purchasing products from HC by David so this will be my first year dealing with RayWu.  One day at a time.

What did you do to get banned? OUCH!

Just now, gsmith37064 said:

What did you do to get banned? OUCH!

How many reasons do you need?  Returned defective product to be replaced (per previous conversation), got it back REPAIRED, returned differently than sent, one item STILL defective, expressed my displeasure using the best NAVY language I could muster.  They did not approve of my assessment of his product, customer service skills, nor his parentage.  In other words for being me.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, caniac said:

How many reasons do you need?  Returned defective product to be replaced (per previous conversation), got it back REPAIRED, returned differently than sent, one item STILL defective, expressed my displeasure using the best NAVY language I could muster.  They did not approve of my assessment of his product, customer service skills, nor his parentage.  In other words for being me.

I personally dont't have any issues with Dave or HC. He has always done me right and for that, I will continue to buy and support his products.

Dave if you are watching - more RGB props please. Mainly the light-bulb RGB face!!

12 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

I personally dont't have any issues with Dave or HC. He has always done me right and for that, I will continue to buy and support his products.

Dave if you are watching - more RGB props please. Mainly the light-bulb RGB face!!

my problems with him started two years ago when 14 of my 16 RGB strips failed after 9 months, though he replaced them that many should not have failed.  Had the same issues with my 100ct pixel nodes from him (6 out of 16).  I can see a 10% failure rate given what we do but 60-80% is an issue.  And remember you asked why I was banned.  Not much into trashing vendors, just vote with my wallet - it carries much more weight than social media.

Edited by caniac

They all come from China. I think it's just the luck of the draw on if they make it through a season of rain and snow. I do know that you need to seal as the ends are not completely water proof.

I moved over to nodes as they seem to be more robust and a lot easier to replace. The don't look as good as the ribbons but o'well...