Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
Denny H

Papagayo to LOR S5

Recommended Posts

Hello there,

I have the Singing Monster Faces from HolidayCoro for incandescent lights.  To program the Singing Faces in S4 using Papagayo.  The process I used was to program a portion of the song using Papagayo.  Then I exported that segment which created a .dat file.  Then I used Papagayo to LOR to Import the .dat file.  Next I used Papagayo to LOR to generate an LOR clipboard file.  In LOR S4 I selected the clipboard file and then pasted that into my sequence.  This process worked great in S4 but when I try to use the same process in S5 it doesn't seem to work.  

Has anyone been able to successfully sequence a singing face in S5 using Papagayo?    I did migrate one of my S4 sequences to S5 and that seemed to work fine.  So I'm thinking that one way to solve the problem is to create the singing face sequence in S4 and then migrate it to S5.  But that would mean I'd have to use 2 separate computers, one for S4 and the other for S5.  Or find a way to run both S4 and S5 on the same computer.

Any other ideas?

Thank you,

Dennis

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Denny H said:

Hello there,

I have the Singing Monster Faces from HolidayCoro for incandescent lights.  To program the Singing Faces in S4 using Papagayo.  The process I used was to program a portion of the song using Papagayo.  Then I exported that segment which created a .dat file.  Then I used Papagayo to LOR to Import the .dat file.  Next I used Papagayo to LOR to generate an LOR clipboard file.  In LOR S4 I selected the clipboard file and then pasted that into my sequence.  This process worked great in S4 but when I try to use the same process in S5 it doesn't seem to work.  

Has anyone been able to successfully sequence a singing face in S5 using Papagayo?    I did migrate one of my S4 sequences to S5 and that seemed to work fine.  So I'm thinking that one way to solve the problem is to create the singing face sequence in S4 and then migrate it to S5.  But that would mean I'd have to use 2 separate computers, one for S4 and the other for S5.  Or find a way to run both S4 and S5 on the same computer.

Any other ideas?

Thank you,

Dennis

 

Yes s4 to S5 or better yet stray away from pgo altogether. Save time and better work.

You can also sequence multiple parts at once.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Denny H said:

This process worked great in S4 but when I try to use the same process in S5 it doesn't seem to work.  

What part didn't work? S5 does support clipboard files created in S4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Yes s4 to S5 or better yet stray away from pgo altogether. Save time and better work.

You can also sequence multiple parts at once.

JR

Denny If you need help with the slower not as good way (not!)  let me know.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for the responses,

Matt,

For S5 I didn't use the clipboard files from S4.  I tried to use the clipboard files created by the Papagayo to LOR program as input to S5.  I would be happy to provide you with the clipboard file created by Papagayo.  

JR,

Do you have a tutorial, or documentation for your method to program singing faces?

ItsMeBobO,

I appreciate the offer.  I have been using Papagayo for the last couple of years.  Ever since I learned about it at the 2017 Christmas Expo. Do you have a version of Papagayo that works with S5?

 

As an update to all.  I created the singing monster faces for Somebody's Watching Me in S4 and then migrated that to S5.  It was a little crude as I had to use the two computers, one for S4 and the other for S5.  I also created the .lee file for the HolidayCoro Monster faces in S4.  I also created the Preview for the same faces in S5.

Thank you all again for your feedback,

Dennis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Denny H said:

For S5 I didn't use the clipboard files from S4.  I tried to use the clipboard files created by the Papagayo to LOR program as input to S5.  I would be happy to provide you with the clipboard file created by Papagayo.

Yes, please create a ticket with the help desk and attach the clipboard file as well as the S5 sequence - so I have something to compare it to.

http://helpdesk.lightorama.com/

Thanks,

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Denny H said:

Thank you all for the responses,

Matt,

For S5 I didn't use the clipboard files from S4.  I tried to use the clipboard files created by the Papagayo to LOR program as input to S5.  I would be happy to provide you with the clipboard file created by Papagayo.  

JR,

Do you have a tutorial, or documentation for your method to program singing faces?

ItsMeBobO,

I appreciate the offer.  I have been using Papagayo for the last couple of years.  Ever since I learned about it at the 2017 Christmas Expo. Do you have a version of Papagayo that works with S5?

 

As an update to all.  I created the singing monster faces for Somebody's Watching Me in S4 and then migrated that to S5.  It was a little crude as I had to use the two computers, one for S4 and the other for S5.  I also created the .lee file for the HolidayCoro Monster faces in S4.  I also created the Preview for the same faces in S5.

Thank you all again for your feedback,

Dennis

I do have some cell phone videos 41 - about 1 minute each that I send people that have used pgo and have an understanding of how singing face sequences work. I also gave a class at the 2018 Christmas Expo on my method. 

With that said Apple is still trying to repair my phone after the motherboard recall, about 300 of 1 billion phones and I happened to get one. Once they figure out how to get the backup 2 gb over the size of the phone to install or give me a larger phone 512gb I will not be able to send them.

Feel free to send me a PM including your email/ cell. Subject line Singing Face help and I will not open it until I get my phone restored.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I do have some cell phone videos 41 - about 1 minute each that I send people that have used pgo and have an understanding of how singing face sequences work. I also gave a class at the 2018 Christmas Expo on my method. 

With that said Apple is still trying to repair my phone after the motherboard recall, about 300 of 1 billion phones and I happened to get one. Once they figure out how to get the backup 2 gb over the size of the phone to install or give me a larger phone 512gb I will not be able to send them.

Feel free to send me a PM including your email/ cell. Subject line Singing Face help and I will not open it until I get my phone restored.

JR

Thank you JR,

My email address is dhollida55@gmail.com.  If you send me an email I'll be happy to give you my cell number.  Also I was wondering if you might have the CCR and Matrix version of the song, Somebody' Watching Me, by Rockwell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you @Denny H for making your files available. The problem with the clipboard files will be fixed in the next S5 release.

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ndutton said:

Matt,

When are you starting up the next beta runs?

Nick

The next production release of S5 is in the planning stages. No firm date yet.

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×