Light-O-Rama Forums

Peace family prop

ItsMeBobO

10 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Nice drawing Vince.  Should I ask how you drew it? :)

Jim I sent one of your drawings I doctored to RW for a quote on custom strands.      I dont have the patience for all that soldering and sealing.     (removed the comment as its not allowed)

Edited by ItsMeBobO

1 hour ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Jim I sent one of your drawings I doctored to RW for a quote on custom strands.      I dont have the patience for all that soldering and sealing.     (removed the comment as its not allowed)

Me either Bob, but I'd at least give it a shot if I was sure the LOR RGB Bullet Pixel Nodes could be done like this.  But since I'm unsure, think I'll just leave well enough alone.   May have to go the route you went if I really want to do this and add those mini fire sticks to my display.   but got other things I want to get first that won't cost as much, so maybe for 2020 I may be able to do these.

I'm not even looking forward to the cutting and splicing I have to do on the 4 strands of CCB's I have that has one bulb in each strand I need to replace.  And still haven't gotte them and their controllers down yet so I can start on that project.  Boy am I getting behind in so many things at the moment for 2019's Christmas display!

2 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

SmithZone posted a few hours previously that Ray already has strings that are set up for these...

9 hours ago, smithzone said:

Ray Wu has pixel stands for these already.  They are basically just icicle lights with 5ft leads in between each one.

Got a link to them?

10 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

SmithZone posted a few hours previously that Ray already has strings that are set up for these...

RW has a few options

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5  36" spacing
6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6  36" spacing
3-4-5-3-4-5-3-4-5-3-4-5-3-4-5  8" spacing 

I think the number of pixels should be higher.   The peace family stake designs go up to 10 which I am thinking higher and therefore custom.    Also I was thinking about connectors between each run. 

I now have a good quote from a manufacturer to build strands with the required return data wire.   Please private message me if you would like the details. 

I am moving forward with a custom design which has 10 pixels in a group.  This will allow me to have a variable number of pixels in a set.   If any set of 10 fails, I can replace those in the middle.   

Please PM me if you are interested in this custom design. 

• The topic was locked