Light-O-Rama Forums

lighting bamboo

DLH lites

Hey Yall,   need help with this one. In my front yard I have a stand of Golden bamboo along my drive way, it is 15 feet long , 6 feet wide and 40 feet tall. I have put floods in it pointing up with out much success . I used four of the KOBI led floods, they weren't very bright and didn't last, just barley thru last year. Then I tried some of those LED floods from Lowes, they work but still not bright enough.  Getting up in the bamboo is a no go at my age.  I thought about trying one of those star shower laser things I have four of those which I used up through the palms. Any suggestion would be great. Do keep in mind budget, what ever I do has to be on the QT, I am sure some of you will understand. I think one of my videos kind of shows that side of the drive i you want to look.

Thanks for all you help

David L Hardin-----DH LITES

5 minutes ago, DLH lites said:

Hey Yall,   need help with this one. In my front yard I have a stand of Golden bamboo along my drive way, it is 15 feet long , 6 feet wide and 40 feet tall. I have put floods in it pointing up with out much success . I used four of the KOBI led floods, they weren't very bright and didn't last, just barley thru last year. Then I tried some of those LED floods from Lowes, they work but still not bright enough.  Getting up in the bamboo is a no go at my age.  I thought about trying one of those star shower laser things I have four of those which I used up through the palms. Any suggestion would be great. Do keep in mind budget, what ever I do has to be on the QT, I am sure some of you will understand. I think one of my videos kind of shows that side of the drive i you want to look.

Thanks for all you help

David L Hardin-----DH LITES

How about just lighting up the ground under it with stake lights/ nodes or more of the cheap Walmart yard floods. If you get enough of the stake lights it may look good.

Just a though since I don't have bamboo but my neighbor uses stake lights year round for some of his flowers

JR