Light-O-Rama Forums

Something I'm considering ~ Christian Music Sunday Night Light Displays

Orville

Thought I'd ask what you folks think about this, been considering it for a little while now, using some of the more upbeat, fast paced Christian songs on Sunday evenings, would only be using my 5 CCB-100D Controllers and 10 strands of RGB lights set to the music {for now, if I do it}.  This would only be on Sunday evening and possibly Wednesday evenings during the OFF Holiday Season.    Lights would only be in operation from around 7:30pm-8:30pm, maybe 9pm at the latest.

There are a lot of great Christian songs that work well with the RGB Lights, and since my RGB Lights will be up all year round {except for the time I have to take them down to make some repairs since I have 4 bulbs on the roof lines that need replacing}, so why not use them for another type display?

Just wondering what you folks think about doing something like this on a weekly basis.  There are more than enough songs that I could have a different music set for almost every week during the year {Holiday Display time excluded of course}.

If I do it and I start sequencing these Christian Songs, anyone interested in these Sequences I'll also make these sequences {less music} available for download 24/7 so you can get them anytime you want.

Just curious if anyone else has ever considered anything like this and what your thoughts are on it before I start committing myself to start sequencing those songs along with my display music.   And since these won't be as complex as Christmas, I think I could pull it off along with sequencing my other music I'll be adding for 2019.

Thanks folks.

EDIT:  P.S. The Main Street Electrical Parade has been sidelined, after showing some folks what it takes to get music synchronized to lights, and how long it may take to do a full 15+ minute song, they've all agree that I can do it as I can, and it'll be a surprise when I finally get it done.  So no more pressure on that one.  WHEW!  Sure glad of that decision!

Edited by Orville
add P.S.

I guess I['m having mix emotions on this one.  On the No side, I have the thought that a "flashy" house should be limited to thge holiday season when it's kind of ok to be tacky.  Managing the length of days throught the seasons would be a show scheduling issue. 

The potential audience versus the neighbors you might alienate might be a balancing act, irregardess of the muic type 

35 minutes ago, mpageler said:

I guess I['m having mix emotions on this one.  On the No side, I have the thought that a "flashy" house should be limited to thge holiday season when it's kind of ok to be tacky.  Managing the length of days throught the seasons would be a show scheduling issue. 

The potential audience versus the neighbors you might alienate might be a balancing act, irregardess of the muic type 

It wouldn't be as flashy, maybe on some parts yes, but was thinking more like color transitions.  As for alienating my neighbors, just about everyone around me goes to church on Sunday, but it's a largely Spanish community and they usually don't have evening services so most of us are home Sunday night and many have a family get together.  So I don't think any of my neighbors would really be alienated by it.

It's just something I've been thinking about, and even before I started it up, I'd ask my neighbors what they thought about it first.  I've already talked to a few and they kind of like the idea.   So I'll just have to see where it goes from there, if I even opt to do it.   It's just an idea whose time may not be ready to come yet. ;)

I think it all depends on how much your music selections will vary from the normal show.  If a family visits on a day that is playing songs that are familiar to them and they tell their friends about what they saw, their friends would naturally want the same experience.  I know a lot of shows vary day to day, but it is the same type of music from playlists people have posted.  Kind of like changing from station to station on the radio.  I have 3 stations here that I will switch between, but will not listen to all the others. 

3 hours ago, radioguy1007 said:

I think it all depends on how much your music selections will vary from the normal show.  If a family visits on a day that is playing songs that are familiar to them and they tell their friends about what they saw, their friends would naturally want the same experience.  I know a lot of shows vary day to day, but it is the same type of music from playlists people have posted.  Kind of like changing from station to station on the radio.  I have 3 stations here that I will switch between, but will not listen to all the others. 

Be different songs each week, the show {I'm thinking} is only going to be very short, thinking between 30 minutes and possibly up to an hour, depending on song length.  Thinking not more than 4-6 songs around 4-5 minutes per song, but I do have some that are 9-10 minutes long, but not rally considering those at the moment.  So 6 songs at 5 minutes would be a 30 minute show and I may or may not have it repeat a 2nd time.  Still thinking on that aspect as well.

And the songs would if I can pull it off, be geared for the time of year, example Easter would be songs like He is Risen and others more geared to that.  Other Sunday's would depend on what we sang in Church Sunday morning and then would be more in line with similar songs, don't want to actually repeat the Sunday morning church songs, but on occasion, that may happen.

At least those are my thoughts on it.  I'm consulting with my neighbors as well, since some of these songs will also be entirely in Spanish, since again, I do live in a predominantly Spanish community currently.  So want to be able to host songs they'll enjoy as well as the English versions for others here that don't speak Spanish, so would probably be a mix of each every week, if I can find as many Spanish versions as they are English ones.   May have to consult with my former church I used to attend and still visit when I can, it's a Spanish church, so I'm sure they can point me to a lot of Christian Spanish songs I'm sure. :D

If I do end up doing it, will let everyone know and will make those sequences available if I do end up doing this as well.   As perhaps some of the other folks here may be able to use something like them in their church service.  Since I see folks sometimes here ask about how to set up a display for a church setting.  So they may help them out, again, if I do end up doing.   I may still sequence the songs even if I don't do the Sunday evening displays.    Will have to just see how things go and work out with everyone in the neighborhood.

• The topic was locked