Light-O-Rama Forums

Super Star Upgrade

Rusty

I've been using LOR for 6 years and never used Super Star. I have v5.2.2 Pro and 4CCR Super Star. I would like to scroll objects (Sleigh, bells, elves) across 5 of my matrixes each of which have 792 pixels or 2376 channels for a total of 11,880 channels. Is Super Star the only way to do this and if so would I need to upgrade to the 4_CCR to 80_CCR (+450.00) due to channel count? Geez that's expensive!!!!

I have been trying different pictures or GIF's and insert the picture and size it in the editor and am mostly happy with my results (16X60 mega tree) although I do not have the pixel density  to do crazy good resolution - it's OK for me.  I am doing a 64" by 40" matrix (20 by 32 pixels on 2"  - 640 total) this year and have yet to build it, but what I can see on the screen look promising. 

You have a Pro level license, so you do have the option of using Motion Effects within S5 Sequencer to do it.  If you want to use SuperStar (and that's what I use for most of my stuff), with S5, you likely only need a SuperStar license that will cover one of your individual matrixes.  That would be a 16 CCR license which would only cost $100 to upgrade from your existing 4 CCR to a 16 CCR license.

BTW, I have a 12,000 channel CCR license and feel that it was worth every penny that I have paid for it over the years.

• The topic was locked