Light-O-Rama Forums

What Gland

~DOC~

7 fit a standard round  cord like used with many desktops.

9 would work for the HC pigtails.

Cable range: PG7 (0.12 - 0.26 inches); PG9 (0.16 - 0.31 inches); PG11 (0.2 - 0.4 inches); PG13.5 (0.24 - 0.43 inches); PG16 (0.4 - 0.51 inches)

These are mostly for round cables. 

There is a Flat hole version https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-1-5mm-Nylon-Connector-MA25-0614/dp/B078YV4NVC/ref=sr_1_cc_5?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1548563089&sr=1-5-catcorr&keywords=flat+Cable+Glands+Joints

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Cable range: PG7 (0.12 - 0.26 inches); PG9 (0.16 - 0.31 inches); PG11 (0.2 - 0.4 inches); PG13.5 (0.24 - 0.43 inches); PG16 (0.4 - 0.51 inches)

I was just checking I was measuring my pigtails and they were right at the 6 mm mark. I read they may be difficult to insert in the PG7. The PG9 deminsion should cover both you think. 

Iam putting together my box (pixie16 and power supply) and realized there are no strain reliefs for the wires exiting the box and I knew that was no good. I should have just bought a ammo box. Not much room in the CG-1500. 

I don’t even think there is enough room to place that many glands on the bottom.😖

47 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

I was just checking I was measuring my pigtails and they were right at the 6 mm mark. I read they may be difficult to insert in the PG7. The PG9 deminsion should cover both you think. 

Iam putting together my box (pixie16 and power supply) and realized there are no strain reliefs for the wires exiting the box and I knew that was no good. I should have just bought a ammo box. Not much room in the CG-1500. 

I don’t even think there is enough room to place that many glands on the bottom.😖

Plenty of room if you mount the controller on top of the average PSU.

I use the cable glands from Lowe’s as strain reliefs - next to smallest will hold 8 HC cables per bundle.

Just use both sides. (Top and bottom)

I have videos- however I do not use a cg1500 for my pixie16’s Since I use a much larger 750w ps for them.

But as I demonstrate in a video the 16 will fit in a cg1500 box if mounted to the psu

JR

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Plenty of room if you mount the controller on top of the average PSU.

I use the cable glands from Lowe’s as strain reliefs - next to smallest will hold 8 HC cables per bundle.

Just use both sides. (Top and bottom)

I have videos- however I do not use a cg1500 for my pixie16’s Since I use a much larger 750w ps for them.

But as I demonstrate in a video the 16 will fit in a cg1500 box if mounted to the psu

JR

Your video is what I am currently using. The 16 is tight in there with the PSU. I been waiting on the PSU to start building. 

48 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

Your video is what I am currently using. The 16 is tight in there with the PSU. I been waiting on the PSU to start building. 

K, it will be tight but doable. Now if you mount the pixie on top of the PSU using the inside holes using nylon standoffs ( I would never recommend using any type of metal standoffs inside the power supply cover) you will have extra space but must mount in center of the box.

once it’s mounted its not going any where so the tightness is negligible.

I can’t remember what video you are using but my main video is 9 or 10 1 minute videos.

JR

I did not mount on top though it appears to have just enough room. The PSU fan will be blowing right into the board. Did not think that was good. 

Edited by ~DOC~

1 minute ago, ~DOC~ said:

I did not mount on top though it appears to have just enough room. 

Yes, just seperate and run your controller cables in two different directions. You will have about 1/4- 1/2” clearance.

you can buy the HC mounting plate with holes for the PSU cheaper than the Lowe’s plexi. However you will need do drill the 4 or 6 pixie mounting holes.

Because it is so tight I prefer the clear while placing the 16 side by side in a cg1500 box. Makes it easier to see where to drill holes to mount the plate.

JR

7 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Yes, just seperate and run your controller cables in two different directions. You will have about 1/4- 1/2” clearance.

you can buy the HC mounting plate with holes for the PSU cheaper than the Lowe’s plexi. However you will need do drill the 4 or 6 pixie mounting holes.

Because it is so tight I prefer the clear while placing the 16 side by side in a cg1500 box. Makes it easier to see where to drill holes to mount the plate.

JR

Yes I used a piece of plexiglass. It was cheap ($11) and have enough for two more boxes. What were they thinking with the holes and piece of foam. 

Edited by ~DOC~
  • Like 1