Light-O-Rama Forums

Peace Family Light Stakes

Vince4xmas

Would like to add about 50 "Peace Family" style light stakes for next years display.

I plan to use 5 pixels per stake at 3-4 foot spacing between stakes.

The Peace Family Facebook post explains that these are wired like Rays icicles, so the power ground loop back to the main line from the 5th pixels. And no power injection needed with 75 stakes at 30% brightness.

How can this be accomplished using standard 50 count 12v 4" spaced pixel stands?

Looks like I can purchase from Ray, but I already have enough spare pixels and need to know how to wire this "power ground loop back to the main line" to eliminate the

need to power inject.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Something like this should work.  Obviously you can make each string whatever length that you want.  Because the power and ground does not have to travel down and back up each hanging piece, the resistance is far less of an issue.  Make sense?

Icicle_lights_wiring.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Something like this should work.  Obviously you can make each string whatever length that you want.  Because the power and ground does not have to travel down and back up each hanging piece, the resistance is far less of an issue.  Make sense?

Icicle_lights_wiring.png

How did you whip this out so fast?       I have been thinking about this also but I want to repurpose LOR bullets which have four wires.  Can you whip that out too?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

How did you whip this out so fast?       I have been thinking about this also but I want to repurpose LOR bullets which have four wires.  Can you whip that out too?

Same concept with 4 wire pixels except the clock wire would take a similar path as the data wire.

Because it was just a quickie drawing, I just used Paint with A LOT of Copy and Paste.  Took less than 10 minutes.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 4:26 PM, ItsMeBobO said:

Here you go Bob.  Added the brown Clock wire.

Icicle_lights_wiring_4w.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1