Light-O-Rama Forums

Powser Supply Size - P_10 p Panels

mpageler

Source hardware for P10 panel built and up next, power supply.  First time I'm using 5v, so just want to confirm I on the right tract. 

Took some digging but found P10 16x32 output numbers on another forum.   For full white, it was measured at 1.38amp. 

Did a amp to watt conversion which was about 6watts at 5v.

So for 6 P10 panels and the Raspberry Pi/PiHat, seems that a 100w-18amp power supply would be plenty? Can't ever imaging running all panels at 100 percent white. 

Thannks Mike

I would have to measure mine again, but that sounds maybe a little low, but in the neighborhood.  BTW, you better check your math.  1.38 amps at 5 volts is just under 7 watts.  I do know that two P10 panels in full white will run on a five amp fuse (two P5 panels will not for very long).

When I had both my 6 P5 panel array and my 12 P10 panel array hanging in my family room for test, they were powered by one 350 watt supply with gobs of spare capacity.

58 minutes ago, mpageler said:

Source hardware for P10 panel built and up next, power supply.  First time I'm using 5v, so just want to confirm I on the right tract. 

Took some digging but found P10 16x32 output numbers on another forum.   For full white, it was measured at 1.38amp. 

Did a amp to watt conversion which was about 6watts at 5v.

So for 6 P10 panels and the Raspberry Pi/PiHat, seems that a 100w-18amp power supply would be plenty? Can't ever imaging running all panels at 100 percent white. 

Thannks Mike

I agree that number seems  really low. (~1/2)

BUT the bigger question. WHY are you trying for the smallest power level.  The price difference in the 100+W range  is small.  $25 for ~300W or $30 for weather resistant (fan dow, vertical mount)