Jackson 5 Christmas Medley Jackson 5
Hallelujah Pentatonix
Nutrocker Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Silent Night Techno Remix TranceDevotee
Let It Go (Frozen Soundtrack) Idina Menzel
I Want You For Christmas Cheap-Trick
Christmas In Hollis Run DMC
  • Like 1

Your sequencing is pretty good for the first year and you did a lot with only 16 channels. One thing that I found out over the years is that people don't like to set through long songs. Get and learn the program AUDACITY and edit your song down to 2 minutes or less. This will keep their attention longer with them watching more of your great show.

Earle 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

Your sequencing is pretty good for the first year and you did a lot with only 16 channels. One thing that I found out over the years is that people don't like to set through long songs. Get and learn the program AUDACITY and edit your song down to 2 minutes or less. This will keep their attention longer with them watching more of your great show.

Earle 

Very well said.

2 hours ago, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

edit your song down to 2 minutes or less

I actually did this with quite a few songs. People don't like to listen to long songs and I get bored/impatient trying to sequence long songs lol. I also own the full Adobe Creative Cloud suite, so I utilize a lot of their software to do my audio & video editing.

Edited by martsycart

On 1/7/2019 at 8:48 AM, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

Earle 

I agree with your comment.  I saw that people don't like long songs.  HOWEVER; I keep them in the set.  Reason being if they are that impatient then they move on and make room for other people.  Our show is more for our enjoyment and our friends.  If other people like it then great.   If not, then also fine.  😉

Edited by Richard Hamilton
  • Like 1

Your right Richard the same goes for slow songs. that's why I put slow songs in as well, they get inpatient and move along. I find that is the best way to control traffic.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

Your right Richard the same goes for slow songs. that's why I put slow songs in as well, they get inpatient and move along. I find that is the best way to control traffic.

Hmmmm, I had not thought about it till you mentioned it, but that is probably correct as well.  Some folks move out when Bing's "White Christmas" gets a few bars into the song.  I throw in a couple slow older traditional songs as many X generation folks like them and gives people an opportunity to wind down for a couple minutes from the frantic pace of the more rapid songs.

Richard when it really gets bad I will play my Public Service Announcement every 4th  song instead of every 6th, they think the songs are going to repeat, so they move along. 

• Like 1

This is the first year I had significant traffic, and Silent Night was a great traffic motivator.   I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.  :D   I did make it the most "boring" song sequence-wise for that reason, and also to offer some reverence for the song. 

Here was my song list for 2018.  some are fairly slow and some are very fast paced.  I don't get enough of a crowd that I need to encourage people to leave (at least yet).  Because I use MIIP, they could be played in any order depending on what people request.

Song title   Artist
  Wizards In Winter   Trans-Siberian Orchestra
  Christmas Cannon   Trans-Siberian Orchestra
  You're a Mean one Mr. Grinch   Burl Ives
  Jingle Bells   Barry Manilow with Expose'
  Hark! The Harold Angles Sing   Lake Ave. Church Organ & Orchestra  
  God Bless the USA   The American Patriots
  Deck the Halls   Mannheim Steamroller
  Carol of the Bells
  (Christmas Eve / Sarajeva 12/24)  
  Trans-Siberian Orchestra
  Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer   Gene Autry
  All I Want for Christmas is You   Mariah Carey
  Feliz Navidad   Jose Feliciano
  The Hanukkah Song   Elliot Dvorin
  Soldier's Silent Night   Father Ted Berndt

In addition to this, there were several "announcement" sequences that ran at about these time intervals:

Welcome / Opening - 64 seconds long, every 49 minutes

Be nice to our neighbors - 46 seconds long, every 51 minutes

MIIP instructions - 43 seconds longs, every 25 minutes

Online / website - 30 seconds, every 52 minutes

Merry Christmas - 11 seconds, every 20 minutes

Happy New Year - 15 seconds, every 20 minutes (starting 12/26)

Jim, nice variety.   I have 9 songs in my set that last about 30 minutes if people watch all of them.  My intro is basically a one minute announcement for similar things like being nice to neighbors, watch for children in the area, and a subtle hint that cameras and sensors are watching.   Then a 10 second announcement with time and current weather conditions, and the show starts.

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, arnettas said:

hello,

nice work.

can i get your sequances?

gedrimasgiedrius@gmail.com

thank you.

Who was that directed to?  If it was me, all of my sequences are centered around my pixel tree.  Most of my pixel tree sequences are purchased and I can't share them.

7 hours ago, arnettas said:

hello,

nice work.

can i get your sequances?

gedrimasgiedrius@gmail.com

thank you.

I would advise seeking shared sequences in the "sequence sharing section of forums" or open your own thread asking for a specific sequence. 

JR

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...