Light-O-Rama Forums

P What panels?

ItsMeBobO

Tonight I was at the   St Louis Ambush  soccer game.      The marquee was the most interesting part for an hour.     Closest I could get was 15 feet away.     What is the size of each panel and pixel density?    Seems to me to be about 7/8 of inch so P20? 

My roof would love to have some of these.                                              It got interesting when the mascot (bushwacker)  came running out with announcer saying he had free Pizza!     After a long tour around and a fight with a kid,  he ran over to us and handed the pizza to my daughter!     Our family was on the jumbo tron!    Then I had to go back to wondering if these panels are waterproof?

Edited by ItsMeBobO

Its funny how when we go to events we notice lighting over the event. 

Every time I go to a concert I am watching the lights more that the stage. Now if they combine the lights and the stage that's a triple bonus.

You already have one of those on your roof. Your tune to information sign, really nice sign at that.

you must have run out of vimeo weekly limit as well, that's a very short video.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

My 10 year old was there to sing God Bless America with her choir.     I HAD to go hear her at $10 each an $10 to park.   So I was at least going to enjoy the lights.    I am a paying member of Vimeo so that limit was not the issue.  I was uploading from my phone away from wi-fi.   Yeah that would have been better with a few more seconds.

Just now, ItsMeBobO said:

My 10 year old was there to sing God Bless America with her choir.     I HAD to go hear her at $10 each an $10 to park.   So I was at least going to enjoy the lights.    I am a paying member of Vimeo so that limit was not the issue.  I was uploading from my phone away from wi-fi.   Yeah that would have been better with a few more seconds.

I was joking.

I pay but not pro yet, still trying to see if its worth it to me.

Out of likes - I.O.U. a "like"

JR

The 1500 pixels on the roof will need a new home in the yard if I am able to angle a nice long P20 panel for the roof!    I think I am ready to replace the 32  three color trees.  They are spread  over 55 feet and 1 foot high.   Doing some fuzzy math...  The roof sign is 16 by 150 pixels and apx 32 inches by 24 feet.   Cutting that in half,  I could make an 8 by 300 which would cover almost the same area as the trees,   16 inches high by 48 feet. 

16 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

The 1500 pixels on the roof will need a new home in the yard if I am able to angle a nice long P20 panel for the roof!    I think I am ready to replace the 32  three color trees.  They are spread  over 55 feet and 1 foot high.   Doing some fuzzy math...  The roof sign is 16 by 150 pixels and apx 32 inches by 24 feet.   Cutting that in half,  I could make an 8 by 300 which would cover almost the same area as the trees,   16 inches high by 48 feet. 

I take it the roof sign is a P panel and not controlled by pixies or am I wrong? I wish I could do something with my roof. The wife and I are talking about selling , if so gonna get a ranch style home for a shorter roof. We are about 2 months late, The home we (I and boys ) liked had a 35 acre pond. But we wasn't sure if we wanted to build our own home or not. I love the current front yard - the new swamp but at 60' multiple peaks, its hard to do anything with the roof. At least I git the roof line RGBs up last year for the holidays. That was difficult to find a contractor to just put them up. Then his 60' ladder crashed on my circles and somehow they survived. Watching the video I always wonder why anyone would attempt to put a 60' ladder up into the air before tilting it toward the house.

Cant wait to see next years videos!

JR

28 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

I need to pick your brain this yea for sure on MIIP and the sign topic. 

JR

would need a closer pic but probably something predating a P10.  I would look at what you are trying to cover rather than the number of pixels.  P10's are six inches high by twelve inches long and have 256 pixels per panel (I think).  For $4 more per panel the P5's have 2048 pixels in the same space.  Other consideration is do you want to weatherproof or pay the extra for outdoor panels.  CFOL and WiredWatts are two places to look as well as the infamous RayWu.