Light-O-Rama Forums

Moving S4 to S5

ed26105

30 minutes ago, default said:

Can you send me a .lee file containing the faces? I can record how I convert and check the setup. Trying to explain this without pictures is tough

Alan...

If you can PM me your email. I will have to dig it up but I have it some place. I had to dump my PM box multiple times during the holidays so I have about 5 messages,

Thanks, prob be tomorrow as I have a Dr appoint getting ready to retire for the night.

JR

I can appreciate S5 has its own preview.  Just wondering why it will pick up my 2017 preview and pull it in, but not my 2018 preview.

9 hours ago, ed26105 said:

I can appreciate S5 has its own preview.  Just wondering why it will pick up my 2017 preview and pull it in, but not my 2018 preview.

Pixel Editor previews get converted to S5 previews the very first time S5 is opened on a computer. The same thing goes for motion effect favorites.

Pixel Editor previews are stored here: "\Light-O-Rama\PixelEditor\LORPixelEditorData.xml"

S5 previews are stored here: "\Light-O-Rama\CommonData\LORPreviews.xml"

If you want to re-convert you Pixel Editor previews, make sure "LORPixelEditorData.xml" has been copied onto the computer, then:

1) Export any S5 previews you want to keep. http://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/5.2.2/help/manage_previews.htm

2) Close the S5 Sequencer.

3) Rename your S5 preview file (e.g. "LORPreviews-OLD.xml")

4) Open the S5 Sequencer. You should now see your Pixel Editor previews listed.

5) Import any previews you exported in step #1.

If anything goes wrong, you can always rename "LORPreviews-OLD.xml" back to the original name.

Matt

20 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Its similar to assigning the channels in the vis and animator but with all of my faces....😟

Don't really know what to think ATM.

You can import any Visualizer file (.LEE) or Visualizer prop or fixture export into an S5 preview. You can also import an SE animation. So if you have already defined your display with either of those tools, setting up a preview in S5 is quick and easy.

Matt

1 hour ago, MattBrown said:

You can import any Visualizer file (.LEE) or Visualizer prop or fixture export into an S5 preview. You can also import an SE animation. So if you have already defined your display with either of those tools, setting up a preview in S5 is quick and easy.

Matt

Matt,

Here is what I do now.

I use SE animator solely for my singing faces - nothing else.

I use vis to view my beats by single prop only - example. When I am sequencing my RGB floods I only open that Lee.

Same as roof line

I like tI focus on one item at a time.

Maybe I am confused but I am assuming in S5 you must have the preview set up or you have no physical lights in your actual props.

Am I wrong thinking that

I am used to just sequencing without looking at everything at once. 

Thank you for your answers

New Add on Question

Matt, is there a way to request an increase to the total bulb count? Someone that I have shared a sequence with has been trying to work on the animator import. My outlines are missing segments due to what he says is the 500 bulb limitation.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

JR - you can import your animation just fine from S4 to S5. I did it.

There is a gotcha though. There is a limit of 500 bulbs. So your pumpkin outlines do not complete. Some of the bulbs are cut off at the bottom.

If LOR can extend the bulb count past 500, it will be 100%. I had the same issue with my prop outlines. I had to create dummy channels to get all my props outlined because of the 500 bulb limit.

open preview design

select the prop in question and double click to open the prop definition

the shape is set to bulbs

preview # of lights is 500 <--- this cannot be increased and is the issue.

Edited by gsmith37064

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

Matt, is there a way to request an increase to the total bulb count? Someone that I have shared a sequence with has been trying to work on the animator import. My outlines are missing segments due to what he says is the 500 bulb limitation.

The limit will be 999 in the next release. Thanks for pointing it out.

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

Maybe I am confused but I am assuming in S5 you must have the preview set up or you have no physical lights in your actual props.

In S5, the preview defines the channels that can be controlled and the props that can be sequenced; so yes, a preview is required. However, there is a feature called zoomed playback, where playback is zoomed in on the prop (or group) that you choose. Just right-click on the prop name and choose one of the options on the Zoomed Playback sub-menu.

image.png

Matt, thank you for the video links.

Actually in S4.4.2 I found the LORPixelEditorData.xml file under the D:\Documents\Light-O-Rama\PixelEditor directory, not the Light-O-Rama\CommonData folder.  It has the Preview I created in the latest Pixel Editor.  Although viewing in Excel doesn't quite match the layout of the LORPreviews.xml found in the D:\Documents\Light-O-Rama\CommonData folder, I was able to copy the LORPixelEditorData.xml file to the machine running S5, place it under the CommonData folder, rename it to the LORPreviews/xml, and S5 read it without problem.  Saved me from recreating my preview, not quite from scratch, since last year's layout was close, but added new pixels this year.