Light-O-Rama Forums

Do I understand the CCC-II correctly?

callmemike

As near as I can tell, each CCC has two outputs that can support 100 pixels for a total of 200/CCC. Or does each output support up to 200 pixels totaling 400/CCC?

The cosmic color controller II can support a total of 200 pixels. A maximum of 100 pixels per output.

Edited by LightsWithSoul

Perfect. That is what I had thought. So in theory I could put two RGB strips on each output (four strips/CCC) and have 200 pixels.

I bought a pixie2 with (2) 50 count pixel strands to go around two windows. One window needs 45 pixels and the other needs 55 pixels. I assume I cut 5 from one end and splice onto the other set? I realize my warranty will end at that point...

55 minutes ago, zooo said:

I bought a pixie2 with (2) 50 count pixel strands to go around two windows. One window needs 45 pixels and the other needs 55 pixels. I assume I cut 5 from one end and splice onto the other set? I realize my warranty will end at that point...

Or you can make/ buy an extension and use 1 port for both windows and then you have an extra port for something else.

JR

16 minutes ago, zooo said:

Good thought, but these two will not be ran of the same controller as these particular windows are 30 feet apart.

30' is well within the parameters for the pixie2. You have 4- or 80' depending on version and as I write my results of my actual show stuff LOR as well as most manufacturers tend to err on the side of caution.

Its never to late to test but 30' should not be a problem.

JR

eirher way it takes a cut, right? I need the 5 extra pixels from one window moved to the other window. Do you know the answer to my original question?

25 minutes ago, zooo said:

eirher way it takes a cut, right? I need the 5 extra pixels from one window moved to the other window. Do you know the answer to my original question?

Yes, you can cut. But  I wouldn’t. 

If you can buy an extension from the LOR store that would be better. I would cut the extension and add wire to it if needed.

But that are your strings.

Thats just me.

JR

3 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Yes, you can cut. But  I wouldn’t. 

If you can buy an extension from the LOR store that would be better. I would cut the extension and add wire to it if needed.

But that are your strings.

Thats just me.

JR

I must be missing something here... An extension would allow my second set of pixels to be a considerable ways away from my first set. I don't see how and extension moves 5 excess pixels from one window over to the other window without a cut???

JR, you're missing his point.  He needs 55 pixels on one window and 45 on the other (30 feet away).  Using the stock extension (with additional wire) would leave him with 50 and 50.

• Like 1

Just now, zooo said:

I must be missing something here... An extension would allow my second set of pixels to be a considerable ways away from my first set. I don't see how and extension moves 5 excess pixels from one window over to the other window without a cut???

You have 2 sets 50 pixels each you cut the 5 off and add them and use one port to control , leaving you an additional port for another prop.

Thats all I am trying to explain.

I was trying to prevent you from using 2 ports.

Maybe somewhere I confused you, didng

mean to.

JR

2 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

JR, you're missing his point.  He needs 55 pixels on one window and 45 on the other (30 feet away).  Using the stock extension (with additional wire) would leave him with 50 and 50.

Yeah I see now where my thought was off a little. LOL

What I typeD and thinking two different things rolled into one.

Was watching the original Grinch, yes the boys wanted to watch the Grinch - today

LOl

My apologies OP

JR

No problem. Now that you understand the question, should I be able to cut 5 from one set and add it to another set? I realized this would not work with the original CCP as they max out at 50 pixels per port. However, these are CCPII controllers so I figured it would be fine as I should be able to splice in any amount up to 100, I would think.

4 minutes ago, zooo said:

No problem. Now that you understand the question, should I be able to cut 5 from one set and add it to another set? I realized this would not work with the original CCP as they max out at 50 pixels per port. However, these are CCPII controllers so I figured it would be fine as I should be able to splice in any amount up to 100, I would think.

Yes, you should be good , just match the wires. Mine had 100 nodes per string so I would not see a problem.

If in doubt you could submit a ticket to the HD.  Explaining to them. Now that the season is over they should reply faster.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked