Light-O-Rama Forums

how to setup a Duel Network for the G3-MP3 Director

Jack

I need to look at using BOTH Networks that are available in the G3-MP3 Director.

I am looking for any Instructions,  ideas on where I Start in setting this up, I have the User Manual for the Director and understand on how to set up  the SD Card, but,

What I need is info on how I should split up my current Controllers i.e. put all AC Controllers on one network and all Pixels on the other but then I run into the 2400 pixel limit to run smooth at 500K per LOR,  SO,  It looks like I need to run them both at 500K and split up the pixel count as best as possible

Where do I need to make the changes??

What other questions do I need to ask?

Thanks All,

Jack

HAPPY NEW YEAR

17 minutes ago, Jack said:

It looks like I need to run them both at 500K and split up the pixel count as best as possible

You have pretty much answered your own question. Directors have limitations and if you want the best performance and flexibility you will need to use a computer.

If you need help feel free to pm me a cell # and a good time to talk. I will text first to ensure you are available.

With that being said, I consolidated 5 networks into 1 during a computer crash and used my mini director to run Halloween 2017. LOR as a business errs on the side of caution, understandably. If you test you will know.

You can split your networks any way you want.

How many controllers?

What controllers?

I was well over the 2400 suggested limit Halloween 2017. I am willing to help you and wont take but a little while.

You will need 2 USB adapters and if you only have 1 we can still set you up, just cant test both simultaneously until you have 2. If you order one or 2 best to just spend a little extra on the Red HS adapter since they will work with any LOR controller.

PM if you need to and my help as always is free.

JR 

Thanks to the 3 of you for responses.

Don,  did you mean controllers not channels, I don’t think you could split a controller between Networks?

I’m thinking  we are both right, I have to change all channels in each Controller effected.

I  have another question, there are 2 ports in the director, what would happen if I just plug cat 5 cables into both ports  and run my Show as one single network, wouldn’t this be the same as 2 parallel runs that split the load? Are both ports active?

When you make a show for the SD Card and select 2 Networks does this split the Sd card into 2 portions and different pins,           2 complete shows, one network would get the audio file?

sorry for the confusion in my e-mail but all kinds of thoughts are going on like do I have to go thru each sequence and change each channel effected? Or is their a global fix.

From what Jr. said I’m not sure this is going to help fix my problem but 

Thanks Guys,

Jack

21 minutes ago, Jack said:

Thanks to the 3 of you for responses.

Don,  did you mean controllers not channels, I don’t think you could split a controller between Networks?

I’m thinking  we are both right, I have to change all channels in each Controller effected.

I  have another question, there are 2 ports in the director, what would happen if I just plug cat 5 cables into both ports  and run my Show as one single network, wouldn’t this be the same as 2 parallel runs that split the load? Are both ports active?

When you make a show for the SD Card and select 2 Networks does this split the Sd card into 2 portions and different pins,           2 complete shows, one network would get the audio file?

sorry for the confusion in my e-mail but all kinds of thoughts are going on like do I have to go thru each sequence and change each channel effected? Or is their a global fix.

From what Jr. said I’m not sure this is going to help fix my problem but 

Thanks Guys,

Jack

When you select 2 networks on the card you have to define the networks. 1 will be regular and the other Aux A. There will be no way unless things changed to plug in two cables and equal one network. If it could it would not fix the problem you think you are having.

When you answer 2 networks that is what you get.

Your sequence, unit ID's and network config have to equal those settings. If not you will have no show, 1/2 show or no changes.

As mentioned above, its that or run the show off a computer but you still have to create networks if you are experiencing problems. Based on your initial comments I do not see where your director would be having a problem but you never answered the types and number of controllers. I have found AC controllers have very little impact on a network when combined with pixel controllers, in my case all pixies.

It is very easy to separate some controllers to an aux network. Takes a few mins tops and if you feel you need it there's really not much to do.

If you have 2 pixel props and 2 AC controllers just move 1 of each to the aux A and be done. (Just an example)

To fix your problems with sequencing once you change your networks  you will just have to save and import the Network Config, similar to a master config on your sequence, Takes a few seconds tops. You will find that in the Network Preferences section of the control panel.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

43 minutes ago, Jack said:

You read a bit into my statement. Of course the channels on the controllers.

I think you're letting yourself get to confused. Figure out what you want on each network, configure the channels (controllers) as such, and go about your way.

Don,

Thanks , that’s what I was thinking. 

A long time ago I took what someone said and not what they meant, ended up with a mess.

Thanks Again,

Jack