Light-O-Rama Forums
Meegan

To triac, or not to triac. That is the question

Hi all,

i have a Gen 2 controller that is having issues: last year, I had channel 1 start acting up by staying on, not ramping up and down properly, etc. this year, the entire bank of channels 1-8 seems to be doing this. ALL trials going bad, or something else? I wanted to try and get some insight from the experts here before I start a helpdesk ticket.

Thanks

Allen

Yep, but weird.

What is the load on EACH output? Are you pushing them hard (max amps). Btw what enclosure- heat sink. Std LOR package or Kit.?

Inspect for Corrosion or moisture damage board traces. 'BANK' implies something in common, like AC power/fuse connections. Which bank (remember, on bank also powers the boards electronics.

i just picked up a used controller that had channel issues and broken data jacks, I updated the firmware and it cured the channels from not functioning correctly.  might want to try that or do a reset to factory before throwing triacs at it.  Replaced both RJ45 jacks and it has been rock steady since then during testing.