Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble opening new music in sequencer

Coosbayman

Hello all, New to the forum and controlling lights. I am having troubles opening some new music I purchased and ripped from a CD. I keep getting the following error messages which are different with different songs. Have tried opening with and without the beat wizard with the same results. I have attached screenshots of some of the error messages I get. Can anyone explain what is happening here. The song I tried opening to get these errors was a MPEG-4 Audio File (.m4a).

error.jpg

error1.jpg

screen.jpg

If you ripped it from a cd why not just convert from the cd to MP3. At the same time set the bit rate to constant and the speed to 128kbps.

Most of us here use Audacity, if you get audacity do not forget the LAME add on, it will be needed to create the MP3- its all free.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

If you ripped it from a cd why not just convert from the cd to MP3. At the same time set the bit rate to constant and the speed to 128kbps.

Most of us here use Audacity, if you get audacity do not forget the LAME add on, it will be needed to create the MP3- its all free.

JR

Thank you so much for the reply JR. the one thing I was missing was the ffmpeg add on for audacity for the files I was trying to import into audacity. I had already dl'd audacity and the LAME add on.

• The topic was locked