Light-O-Rama Forums

Recommended place to purchase hardware and lights

sresener

I know this is not the right topic but I was browsing the forum and see the sequence sharing section. Is it okay if I share my altered purchased sequences?

1 hour ago, sresener said:

I know this is not the right topic but I was browsing the forum and see the sequence sharing section. Is it okay if I share my altered purchased sequences?

I would think not.

1 hour ago, sresener said:

No, and not even an altered shared sequence without the original parties permission.

JR

22 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

No, and not even an altered shared sequence without the original parties permission.

JR

I'm pretty sure If I read the agreement I agreed too when I purchased them...…. it would say the same thing somewhere. 

Well in the next couple days its dropping to -35 f I guess I get to see the limits of  my entire light show with cold.

37 minutes ago, sresener said:

Well in the next couple days its dropping to -35 f I guess I get to see the limits of  my entire light show with cold.

You can keep that weather.  I'm complaining about the cold here and it will be in the mid 40s tonight.  For New Year's Eve, all the people camping out for the Rose Parade will need to bundle up as it's forecast to be 39 with wind.

2 hours ago, sresener said:

With the wind chill it can get colder than -50f here. Everyone is a house mouse then. 

That’s how it was at Fort Drum , NY about 20 Miles from your border.

Army cold wether training.

JR

I am as green as they come on pixels. But from my reading, watching videos and all. Are using 5 volt or 12 volt. 5 volts usually only run 50 pixels (16ft) without PI. 12 volts you get 100 (32ft) Also I know I read somewhere the effects of cold and the affects on voltage 

Last night it was a bit warmer than forecasted it only dropped to -31f. All of my lights worked perfect except the icicles from wowlights. (they are ws2811 pixel nodes too) 

With my ws2811 pixel nodes My longest run is along my light fence around the lawn, it is 600 pixel nodes and I inject power every 150 pixels and I have not had any noticeable dimming or issues even in cold weather. My ws2811 light strips across the roof worked great too with those I for every 3 16ft runs I inject power twice. (those are 30 led per meter 3 leds per ic)

Its nice to know that everything I got from ray wu works perfect in very cold weather.

• 4 weeks later...

Well its official

Wow lights and there supplier tested there lights in a freezer and they worked fine. (I guess all mass produced lights are perfect)

Even a video of my lights acting up in the middle of a string and me heating the pixel after the last working pixel with a heat gun and poof they all worked until they cooled meant nothing.

Or me bringing a string inside and connecting it directly to there controller and power supply and half the string not working until they warmed up take them back outside and the issue comes back.

I really jumped through a lot of hoops to show I was competent I was, and eliminate all possible issues. It was always have you checked your wiring, power supply, common ground, null pixels ect ect. 

I even sent them the daily high and low temperatures for the month of December to show them it was not that it was not to cold to cause this issue.

And out of all my strings it was only there icicles (ones closest to the controllers) that acted up. 

Yes there good at returning calls and emails when I had questions in the beginning of my setup, but by the time they did call me back or email me I figured it out.

I spent thousands there this year and even a simple offer of a free sequence would of been somthing. But I did not directly ask for any compensation or replacements, so I guess thats my fault.

Heck I had some leds from ray wu where a few blue sub pixels quit working he asked for a picture and the next time I placed a order he sent a some replacements (and I never asked) Those lights worked fine in cold weather and were ALOT cheaper.

And I do have to say Mike and Brian were always nice to talk too and always polite. So they me be great guys but I will not give them a penny this year.

And if Mike or Brian use this forum and want to say somthing about this well im all for it as I have videos and emails to back up every word I just said.

Okay im done my little hissy fit.

OP- not gonna quote that long post but if you presented yourself to Mike or Brian at WOW maybe that’s the problem.

Cooler heads prevail. My very first encounter with Mike I hadn’t spent a penny and he helped me solve a problem I was hanuving with a controller. This was prior to me even considering joining the LOR forums.

Didnt charge me anything and it normally would have.

This story is one sided and not a very good approach to winning your case. After all this is an LOR forum and and all disputes are sup to be settled behind the forums.

You should take a deep breath and calm down and hash it in a more positive manner and maybe you will see better results.

With pixels it’s all about testing. As I typed previously within this thread. Mine froze up at -5 or so wat down here in AL. I knew what it was, didn’t complain all LEDs kept on going and I was happy the next day the temps increased and the lights worked perfect. Life goes on. You would have been better off testing in your climate and saved the grief.

Maybe you’ll get better results writing to the source.

Best of luck

JR

I completely agree and I was calm, polite, not demanding and patient the whole time.

The temperature where they "froze" up was +6 Fahrenheit  or around -14 Celsius. Thank goodness we had a warm December.

I was actually very surprised how this came about.

I know everything does not work perfect with this hobby but customer service does go along way.

I also think issues like this should be talked about and not hidden behind close doors.

But as you said "life goes on" 

Edited by sresener

Well I use lor strips  never had a problem here  on the east coast, Sydney   But I have never heard this topic mentioned on this forum can't recall  Blair

11 minutes ago, sysco said:

Well I use lor strips  never had a problem here  on the east coast, Sydney   But I have never heard this topic mentioned on this forum can't recall  Blair

Its been discussed but normally a reply / sub topic within a thread.

I believe I have replied to at least 2 but this is one of my replies within the thread below.