Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D Mis-Reads Address DIP Switches

jfuller8400

I've got a CMB24D with a strange problem.  I've got it set to address 60 via the DIP switches, and for several days it works fine (HU sees it as address 60, show player works fine, SE works fine, everything is good).  The controller is powered down every night at the end of the show and powered up the next day.  After several days, it suddenly starts thinking it's address 20 rather than 60.  It keeps thinking this even after the power has been cycled.  The only way I've found to get it back to address 60 is to do a factory reset and then it's fine for a few days.

I'm going to do a firmware upgrade after the show is done this year but I also wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem/issue or if anyone has any other suggestions.

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, jfuller8400 said:

I've got a CMB24D with a strange problem.  I've got it set to address 60 via the DIP switches, and for several days it works fine (HU sees it as address 60, show player works fine, SE works fine, everything is good).  The controller is powered down every night at the end of the show and powered up the next day.  After several days, it suddenly starts thinking it's address 20 rather than 60.  It keeps thinking this even after the power has been cycled.  The only way I've found to get it back to address 60 is to do a factory reset and then it's fine for a few days.

I'm going to do a firmware upgrade after the show is done this year but I also wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem/issue or if anyone has any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Cycle the 4x (hex) switch , it may not be firmly over I believe it is Sw 4

You beat me to it.  I had the same idea but wanted to check the manual first.  You're close, it's switch 3.

I've thought of that as well and cycled the switches a couple of times.  Weird thing is last night I could tell it was reading as address 20.  Tonight when I got home it looked like it was back to address 60.  I never touched it....

• The topic was locked