Light-O-Rama Forums

Power (120v) to CTB16Cg3

Cajun Christmas

Just a question about the power going to (120v) to CTB16Cg3 ...... Can i put timers on the power to the control boxes ?...... or have power to control boxes 24/7 for the duration of the Christmas season ?? Seems it would be fine either way ...... 

Thats what i kind of figured .... last year and this year i left them on 24/7 . i thought adding timers wouldn't hurt but ..... thanks for the info ......i hope your Christmas was blessed and the New Year brings you happiness and fortunes

Leave them powered. The little heat generated at idle, helps keep condensate away from the board.

Want some numbers? 2 CTB16PC, a pixie4 (75 nodes) +CMB24 (2 PSU's), and 1 CMB24 (1 PSU) idle at 50W

Get yourself a Kill a Watt  meter, you will find it handy for more than just holiday lighting. Plugin appliences can degrade (specially Freezers insulation), and start consuming  a bit more every year. That Home Bluray player. Most just turn off the Lights and output to hide the amount of 'cold boot' time they really take.

10/4 Duck man , advice was we received .... saved myself a few bucks putting those timers back on the shelf 😃. Happy New Year !!