Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
Soupy8728

Running a sequence from SE vice a show

Recommended Posts

Greetings all,

  now that Christmas is over I'll be working on my Halloween props for next year but since this is all still new to me, here is my question.  How do I run a single sequence from the SE to test it?  Do I have to create a show then play that show?  Thanks in advance.

 

Carl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have S4 open the sequence in SE.

Go to the word “play” in SE and ensure you have “control lights” checked.

Hit green play button.

As long as your controllers, network and lights are connected/ configured correctly you should have lights.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either way works. just make sure Edit\Control Lights is checked in SE. SE has a lot more things to do than does the show player, so the SE can be a bit laggy with large channel counts.

Just out of interest. How are you sequencing without playing the sequence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But if you use the Visualizer you can test your lights - virtually, no need for the actual props.

All things equal- if they work in vis - they will work on the actual props.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Just out of interest. How are you sequencing without playing the sequence?

I have sequenced a fraction of my stuff using the SE and then when the show plays, I just watch to see what it does.  I just discovered the Animation (Visualizer) option and have used it a couple of times.  Currently, my controllers are in my garage running my Christmas show but here in a few days, I plan on taking everything down and moving the controllers into the house (man cave) and testing my Halloween sequences.  I just wasn't sure if it needed to be in a "show" or not to actually see the lights in action.

Edited by Soupy8728

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

If you have S4 open the sequence in SE.

Go to the word “play” in SE and ensure you have “control lights” checked.

Hit green play button.

As long as your controllers, network and lights are connected/ configured correctly you should have lights.

JR

Thanks sir!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

But if you use the Visualizer you can test your lights - virtually, no need for the actual props.

All things equal- if they work in vis - they will work on the actual props.

JR

I just discovered this option and I do have a separate question about it.  Do I have to add a new image of my house for every sequence?  If I select a different sequence, it asks me to add an image.  I already set up my image with my lights where I want them so can this be imported into a new sequence?  Thanks!

Carl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you ever want to test a single sequence while you have a show scheduled/enabled, you'll have to disaply the show while testing a sequences on your outdoor light.  After testing, re-enable the show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Soupy8728 said:

I have sequenced a fraction of my stuff using the SE and then when the show plays, I just watch to see what it does.  I just discovered the Animation (Visualizer) option and have used it a couple of times.  Currently, my controllers are in my garage running my Christmas show but here in a few days, I plan on taking everything down and moving the controllers into the house (man cave) and testing my Halloween sequences.  I just wasn't sure if it needed to be in a "show" or not to actually see the lights in action.

I use the animation screen inside of SE. It takes a little work to get it looking good but it works. It's a shame they removed it from S5. I put in a lot of time designing my screen.

Hit my below youtube link and view any of the 2018 songs. You will see the animation screen.

Edited by gsmith37064

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Soupy8728 said:

I just discovered this option and I do have a separate question about it.  Do I have to add a new image of my house for every sequence?  If I select a different sequence, it asks me to add an image.  I already set up my image with my lights where I want them so can this be imported into a new sequence?  Thanks!

Carl

Vis is different from animator.

You can opeN the vis for any sequence.

The animator, once you build it in SE and export the channel config it will always be there.

As Greg stated it’s more tedious to build it in the animator but the reaction time and visual is better.

I use both for various things.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×