Light-O-Rama Forums

How does setting the maximum intensity work?

toddm1919

Can someone tell me how the Maximum Intesity in the HU works?

If I set the maximum to 50%, and I program a fade from 0% to 100% over a 2 second period using sequence editor, will the Pixels/Bulbs/Ribbons fade from 0 to 50% in 2 seconds? Or will it fade from 0% to 50% in in one second, the stay at 50% for the remaining second of the programmed  fade?

I'm pretty sure that it just reduces the intensity by in your example 50%.  So your two second fade would be two seconds to get from 0 to 50%.  Try it and confirm (never used that setting on my CCPs).

I tried it on my CMB-24 for my dumb ribbons.  First, the lowest number in the drop down was 86%.  That wasn’t low enough, so I typed in 15...to make sure I would be able to see the difference. I got a message stating that the number was uncommonly low, was I sure that I wanted it set that dim.  I selected OK, and another message came up stating that the the options were saved.

I opened SE and ran a test fade from 0 to 100.  The result...a fade from 0 to 100.  There was no change by setting the maximum intensity.  I tried it multiple times with  different numbers to see if the 15 was too low or for some reason it didn’t save with no change.  No matter what I tried, it resulted in a fade from 0 to 100%.

Any ideas?

17 minutes ago, toddm1919 said:

I tried it on my CMB-24 for my dumb ribbons.  First, the lowest number in the drop down was 86%.  That wasn’t low enough, so I typed in 15...to make sure I would be able to see the difference. I got a message stating that the number was uncommonly low, was I sure that I wanted it set that dim.  I selected OK, and another message came up stating that the the options were saved.

I opened SE and ran a test fade from 0 to 100.  The result...a fade from 0 to 100.  There was no change by setting the maximum intensity.  I tried it multiple times with  different numbers to see if the 15 was too low or for some reason it didn’t save with no change.  No matter what I tried, it resulted in a fade from 0 to 100%.

Any ideas?

Try it on your actual props. I find it easier to set the intensity in SS since I don't have the option with my pixel controllers. It takes some getting used to adjusting the intensity. Some appear no change and then in a small step will look so dim you want to go back to the beginning.

JR

• The topic was locked