Light-O-Rama Forums

What was the best thing added to your show this year?

Wayne K

I added 4 pixel tube arches, 8 rgb dumb node mini trees, a dumb node RGB 7.5 foot singing Snowman, and a 16 and a half foot dumb RGB tree with 1600 lights running to CMB 24s.

On a side note the hoa also added new boulders across the street from my display to deter parking compliments of 2 rogue h O A members. However as of an update right now one of those members has step down due to the pressure put on by the community wondering why there h O A funds were spent on them the second one come to find out the h O A bylaws limit the board to three years maximum of a term. However the treasurer that caused this problem from the get-go has been in there for 10 years so she's violating HOAs rules. Now the homeowners have revolted and are forming a new h o a and giving her the boot.... there will be no more Grinch's stealing our Christmas thunder because all three people who are taking over the h O A are the big on Christmas people and decorators in our neighborhood πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ looks like I won't be moving out of this neighborhood anytime soon. I did not expect to have as much support as I did and people have been nonstop going to those two HOAs members doors and giving them h*** about wasting the HOA money on boulders to deter parking in an empty lot across from my house and targeting my display. Needless to say all three members that are now running for the board their first priority is to make the lot across the street from my house a parking area. I didn't have to get mad I just had to let people know what was going on and let it handle itself.... I have been told I have the support of the community, the county, the fire department, and the local sheriff's department and I have also been told that I need to go bigger next year lol.

I just might let my display shine till the end of January this year I'm debating...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

I added 4 pixel tube arches, 8 rgb dumb node mini trees, a dumb node RGB 7.5 foot singing Snowman, and a 16 and a half foot dumb RGB tree with 1600 lights running to CMB 24s.

On a side note the hoa also added new boulders across the street from my display to deter parking compliments of 2 rogue h O A members. However as of an update right now one of those members has step down due to the pressure put on by the community wondering why there h O A funds were spent on them the second one come to find out the h O A bylaws limit the board to three years maximum of a term. However the treasurer that caused this problem from the get-go has been in there for 10 years so she's violating HOAs rules. Now the homeowners have revolted and are forming a new h o a and giving her the boot.... there will be no more Grinch's stealing our Christmas thunder because all three people who are taking over the h O A are the big on Christmas people and decorators in our neighborhood πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ looks like I won't be moving out of this neighborhood anytime soon. I did not expect to have as much support as I did and people have been nonstop going to those two HOAs members doors and giving them h*** about wasting the HOA money on boulders to deter parking in an empty lot across from my house and targeting my display. Needless to say all three members that are now running for the board their first priority is to make the lot across the street from my house a parking area. I didn't have to get mad I just had to let people know what was going on and let it handle itself.... I have been told I have the support of the community, the county, the fire department, and the local sheriff's department and I have also been told that I need to go bigger next year lol.

I just might let my display shine till the end of January this year I'm debating...

I am out of likes for today so a quote will have to do!   Are boulders returnable if they are in the same condition as when purchased?  😡

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Love hearing about all these upgrades!Β  Β  Where are the pictures?Β  Β Β 

BobO

I agree, it is neat to see what everyone has done. I know with the few upgrades / changes I done this year, I sure had a lot of good feed back. So I was curious about what everyone else had done when I started this thread.

Keep em coming!

Wayne

1 hour ago, ItsMeBobO said:

I am out of likes for today so a quote will have to do!   Are boulders returnable if they are in the same condition as when purchased?  😡

I was gonna say β€œ got you covered Bob” but I am also out of likes. The like machine Β must be broke.Β 

GrisswoldStyle- great things are going in your direction.

JR

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wayne K said:

BobO

I agree, it is neat to see what everyone has done. I know with the few upgrades / changes I done this year, I sure had a lot of good feed back. So I was curious about what everyone else had done when I started this thread.

Keep em coming!

Wayne

Still no pic or videos! Let me help you out.

Halloween added 4 more circles, Christmas added RGB roof outlinelΒ and my snowmen props I made Dec 2017. Β For my deweling Jingle Bells

Banjo test- over my limit so full vid will be added sometime

Β 

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ItsMeBobO said:

The community is wanting a parking lot. Trade boulders for 2 trucks of gravel... Lol I'm making popcorn. This is about to become one heck of a show πŸ˜‚

3 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Love hearing about all these upgrades!Β  Β  Where are the pictures?Β  Β Β 

Β 

3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Agreed. I did post a couple videos ,Β  videos are worth a thousand pictures.

JR

Β 

1 hour ago, Wayne K said:

Keep em coming!

Wayne

As I mentioned earlier I added 3 eight-channel firesticks to the front corners of our house and 2 eight-channel leaping arches.Β  My camera doesn't take very good video but here's 1 of the 28 songs in this year's show:

Β 

One of my coworkers said the firesticks reminded him of the light sabres from Star Wars!

Edited by Speedster
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Santas Helper said:

Added 1400Β mini strobes. Love them!!!

Getting more when they go on sale again.

I forgot about the Β mini strobes all OnΒ The mega Tree Β 

They are very nice- best bang fo the buck. I’m gonna add some more colors this year

JR

• Like 1

Here goes my attempt to put a video on here. RBG floods and candy canes added for this year. More to come later when I get them done.

Β 

Β 

Edited by Wayne K
edited description
  • Like 1

Second year newbie ,Β  Gezzz the list is long, a second ctb16 kit , now 32 channels,sequenced 6 new musical selections,Β  3 five foot wire led snow flakes on the roof with 4 three foot ones, three new wire trees with 2 sets lites ,color /white,Β  another set of white icicle lites to the colors ones. Last June I made three wood frames for the bay window and put two set of led lites, one set c6 ,one set m5 , wood frames for each side of garage , candy cane rope lite around and two sets led ,white and c6 color. The front island at the drive a new planting about two feet tall and mounted the wire trees above that , the new planting got 300 led multi color lites. On the front porchΒ  A 5 foot tall cut out Santa that I motorized so he waves, behind him a bubble machine that comes on when the songs say snow, thank youΒ  Bette Middler song ," I got my Love to keep me warm"Β  and loreena Mckennit ," The Bells Of Christmas" . The kids went crazy for the bubbles, okΒ  well I did to. A FM transmitter, with tune to sign , which made folks scratch their head in wonder,Β  Three sets lites around front door and on the wreath, blue ,white and multi, added c6's to the c9's around the garage door. couple blue floods. The pool/patio got almost the same treatment but no control, that's next year.Β  The side of the house bushes got 12 nets and two sets of icicle one color and one white. Very large hedge 8 feet tall 30 feet long 18 sets multi nets. Β  My husband and I go out every nite with a martini and watch the showΒ  and talk with the people that stop and watch.Β  I am already planning next year, waiting for the spring sale , want two more ctb16's , oh and golly more spt1 wire and plugs. Thanks to every one on the forums for your help!!!!!!Β  Have taken a video and will be posting on Viemo .Β  After last year I spent the whole year collecting LED lites from our fave thrift stores almost all of the lites came from there.Β  Cant wait to share our video ,hope to have it up by next week.

David

Added (2) 96 pixel snowflakes and (1) 99 pixel wreath from Boscoyo. Nice!

Added (2) singing tree faces from Holiday Coro that work well as backup singers to my main singing face prop.

Added strobes. Great effect.

Did not like my (8) 4-color tomato cage trees. Will replace next year.

Have some props blocking others, will relocate next year.

Adding a pixel mega tree and (7) pixel poles with spinners on top for next year.

Β 

Β 

7 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

Added (2) 96 pixel snowflakes and (1) 99 pixel wreath from Boscoyo. Nice!

Added (2) singing tree faces from Holiday Coro that work well as backup singers to my main singing face prop.

Added strobes. Great effect.

Did not like my (8) 4-color tomato cage trees. Will replace next year.

Have some props blocking others, will relocate next year.

Adding a pixel mega tree and (7) pixel poles with spinners on top for next year.

Β 

Β 

What went wrong with the mini trees?

JR

1st year with LOR. I went from 6 Gemmy channels to 48 LOR channels. I went from just icicles on the roof to 4 colors on the roof and windows. I traded out 4 incandescent string trees for 4 LED trees from HD that really are pretty awesome bases. I will trade the lights out next year. I added a Bumble (from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer) that I don't like. I added one set of those 7ft tall candy canes from HD and a set of stacked gift boxes from Lowe's. I like both of those. I changed my columns from one single strand of C9s to 8 channels of mini lights in an old style equalizer look with the different colors going up the columns. I added 4 of the large snowflakes from Lowe's.Β 

I'm already planning to add arches and spiral trees and mini trees next year. I will replace the lampposts at the end of the sidewalk with something, probably an arbor that will stay up year round and get lit for holidays.Β 

Edited by dansamy

4 hours ago, dibblejr said:

What went wrong with the mini trees?

JR

Used 100 count led r/g/b/w on each large tomato cage tree. Not dense enough. Needed to add more leds.

Instead, next year going to move coro dumb RGB trees to this location and add Boscoyo 15" 3 channel led (r/g/w/) stars to each tree instead.

2 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

Cant attach? What's up with that? File is a word file and small.

Click on your name and select attachments. It will show you how much attachment space you have left.

Β 

1 hour ago, Vince4xmas said:

Used 100 count led r/g/b/w on each large tomato cage tree. Not dense enough. Needed to add more leds.

Instead, next year going to move coro dumb RGB trees to this location and add Boscoyo 15" 3 channel led (r/g/w/) stars to each tree instead.

Not sure how you constructed them but I have 400 on my 54” cages and they look great. I double the cages up and spin the top cage so the ribs to not line up. That helps keep the shape.

Its been a while since I purchased but I purchase cages from 2 seperate place so I get dif mfg cages. Some have more vertical ribs than others.

You Should have fun with the dumb nodes though.

JR