Light-O-Rama Forums

Shows over

Dennis Laff

After Ten years of running shows with very few problems at 9pm Monday night I smelled that magic smoke  from my computer it died on Monday !  Merry Christmas everyone . Dennis 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

That's a major bummer.   Hope you get {or got} a new computer for Christmas to replace the one that picked the worst of times to go up in smoke.

My computer died a few days before Dec 1 and its a long road to recovery. Even though I was able to get everything back with recovery software its not perfect and added hours to create a sequence. 

I am still recovering and after New Years will take 30 days to get my files back in order.

Condolences

JR

No problem. Been using W10 since it came out in 2015.

If you are  used to W7, you can make 10 look just about identical. Much better than W8.

Just work through all the settings for display, taskbar, explorer options, touch if you don't use it. Quick launch can be put back, and so on. Lots of little things, depending on what you're used to and prefer. Google can help with a lot of it. I can help with specifics but need to have the box in front of me.

20 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

W10 has been a learning curve for me. Completely different than work and my home PC’s How do you make it look like 7?

Start by doing a google search for classic shell.  At least that gets a "better" start menu.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:32 PM, Dennis Laff said:

After Ten years of running shows with very few problems at 9pm Monday night I smelled that magic smoke  from my computer it died on Monday !  Merry Christmas everyone . Dennis 

Got a new power supply from Amazon   Shows up and running again.

9 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

Glad to see you are back up!

1 hour ago, Dennis Laff said:

Nice, glad that’s all it took.

With all Of the rain forecasted I now wish I started taking up

the controllers two days ago while it was 70 outside.

We lack only a few more inches of rain before January to be the rainiest year since they started taking statistics. All since Halloween.

All RGB work and faces but the mega and mini trees down due to flooding

JR

22 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

That's great!  Having to replace a PSU is much better than dealing with a hard drive crash!

Took all controllers up today the only dry day for 7 more days.

So for me the Christmas/ New Year Show is over.

Front yard flooded so all props and lights remain but all cables and controllers packed away. And my matrix on wheels.

Hopefully everyone’s weather is and has been better than ours.

JR

• The topic was locked