Light-O-Rama Forums
ItsMeBobO

How do you store your pixel tree ?

Thanks guys    I already placed the order for two   twelve foot  8 inch diam sonotubes from Menards.  $20 each which is not much more than the four foot ones.    Much cheaper and lighter than the pipe.   The PVC pipe was extremely heavy and would have been hard to position and store with the pixels in it. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:39 PM, ItsMeBobO said:

Menards

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:39 PM, ItsMeBobO said:

Thanks guys    I already placed the order for two   twelve foot  8 inch diam sonotubes from Menards.  $20 each which is not much more than the four foot ones.    Much cheaper and lighter than the pipe.   The PVC pipe was extremely heavy and would have been hard to position and store with the pixels in it. 

Will you be putting those tubes outside ?

I have a very long storage area under the deck with a rain guard over head to keep it mostly dry. 

I have the tubes now.   But I still have not taken down the pixel tree because it has been snowy/rainy and cold.    But.. I have been lighting it every night. 

Edited by ItsMeBobO
  • Like 1

Watched the video - I'm envious of your storage space...

1 hour ago, ItsMeBobO said:

I have a very long storage area under the deck with a rain guard over head to keep it mostly dry. 

I have the tubes now.   But I still have not taken down the pixel tree because it has been snowy/rainy and cold.    But.. I have been lighting it every night. 

You may spray those tubes with an acrylic spray to further waterproof it.

Love the comment about the p10

Thats great use of the deck space

JR

12 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Watched the video - I'm envious of your storage space...

then you would be really mad at me, already had two sheds out back (10 x 10 and a 12 x 10) but we built a 12 x 16 so we could have a workshop (with a work bench) and even more storage.

For years I never had much in the way of storage. A couple of years ago I bought a large ranch home that has a 3000 square foot basement. About half of the basement has become my storage area and work area. I feel blessed to finally have a little room.