Light-O-Rama Forums
ebrown1972

DMX moving heads

I agree with you  both, would love to see LOR come up with something like this for moving heads.

The weather covers are very expensive does anyone have any ideas how to make the weather covers?  A video of how they are built  and where to buy the materials would be awesome. (I priced covers and they are more then most of the  lights.)

I am in Illinois and we get a a lot of snow and rain so my setup is usually out till March, I had to cover my moving heads up with big plastic tubs and bungee cord them to the ground when it rains and snows.  (It was aggravating that I could not use them during the show when it rained or snowed.)

Thanks in advance.

There are inflatable covers which normally run $200 or less. They do protect the entire mover against rain but snow would probably be an issue. Depending on the size of your movers, sites like 1000bulbs make large, clear acrylic globes that could help you build your own. You'd just need to solve for mounting and ventilation.