Light-O-Rama Forums

Where is everyone one from???

aja1216

15 hours ago, Sparky4u said:

Snow? What is that?   Phoenix AZ here. 

Phoenix AZ also, born n raised. Wife from Boston. Says I can go see snow by myself if I want 😂

On 12/22/2018 at 10:24 AM, kyboy said:

from the bluegrass state good old KENTUCKY!!!!!!!

Both my parents moved from Ashland, Ky{born and raised there} to Orlando, FL.   If they'd stayed just a few more months I'd have been born there instead of in Orlando, Florida.   So I always have to wonder, if I was actually conceived in Kentucky, but didn't get born until Florida, am I really a true Native Floridian? LOL

BTW: if it weren't for a medical condition I now have the precludes me from living in colder climates where it snows, I'd have moved to Kentucky myself.  I love the Blue Grass State, it's very beautiful in the Spring and Summer months when we'd visit my fathers parents, my mothers side moved to Florida at the same time they moved down here. There was only one time I was ever there in the Winter and I was only 2 years old, so I don't remember too much about that visit.

5 hours ago, caniac said:

I'm just glad it wasn't followed by pics!! 

Might be okay if he was covered in Christmas Lights?  No? 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Orville said:

Both my parents moved from Ashland, Ky{born and raised there} to Orlando, FL.   If they'd stayed just a few more months I'd have been born there instead of in Orlando, Florida.   So I always have to wonder, if I was actually conceived in Kentucky, but didn't get born until Florida, am I really a true Native Floridian? LOL

BTW: if it weren't for a medical condition I now have the precludes me from living in colder climates where it snows, I'd have moved to Kentucky myself.  I love the Blue Grass State, it's very beautiful in the Spring and Summer months when we'd visit my fathers parents, my mothers side moved to Florida at the same time they moved down here. There was only one time I was ever there in the Winter and I was only 2 years old, so I don't remember too much about that visit.

ill count you as a Kentuckian beings you were made here lol sorry to heir about your condition I love ky!!!!! Ashland is about 1 1/2  drive for me  my twin sister lives in MIAMI FL and is a doctor  at the hospital on south beach she loves It in FL I  go to visit and she always asked when I'm gonna move be hard to do for me I love the small town feeling where every one knows every one and every body would give their shirt off their back for anybody in need which is hard to find!!!!!fall is a lovely time in the bluegrass state I always tell people travel through here if they ever get a chance around that time and you will see why

On 12/22/2018 at 1:49 PM, PhilMassey said:

Sector Zero-Zero 9 plural Alpha.

That crap-hole of the galaxy?  Far too many Bugblatters.  Are you sure it wasn't 009-plural Z alpha?

I'm located in Citrus County, Florida... Where The Meadows hoa leaders are grinches who try to sabotage light display parking without a vote amongst all the home owners by placing huge boulders lining the edge of the road in the empty lot across the street 4 days before Christmas....

Yes, that stab was intentional. Boy did they really **** off the homeowners and the county. They had no idea just how bad they messed up. State and county officials are about to have a field day here.... I'm making popcorn for this show. I have members of the county and state that come out to my show every year and are now approaching me regarding this situation about the boulders saying they are unsafe, an insurance violation, and poses a safety hazard so they are letting the proper higher ups know. No Grinch can dim our lights. we have the support of 98% of the hundred and forty four homes in our community.. 

Edited by GriswoldStyle

5 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

I'm located in Citrus County, Florida... Where The Meadows hoa leaders are grinches who try to sabotage light display parking without a vote amongst all the home owners by placing huge boulders lining the edge of the road in the empty lot across the street 4 days before Christmas....

Yes, that stab was intentional. Boy did they really **** off the homeowners and the county. They had no idea just how bad they messed up. State and county officials are about to have a field day here.... I'm making popcorn for this show. I have members of the county and state that come out to my show every year and are now approaching me regarding this situation about the boulders saying they are unsafe, an insurance violation, and poses a safety hazard so they are letting the proper higher ups know. No Grinch can dim our lights. we have the support of 98% of the hundred and forty four homes in our community.. 

Best of luck my friend. 

Keep in mind - as the warranties on homes expire so do the HOA's. They should be banned altogether but its all about the mighty dollar for the HOA's and the home mfgrs who come in, build and leave without having any dog in the hunt.

Also attend the stupid meeting so that you know what is being discussed. 

JR

5 hours ago, kyboy said:

ill count you as a Kentuckian beings you were made here lol sorry to heir about your condition I love ky!!!!! Ashland is about 1 1/2  drive for me  my twin sister lives in MIAMI FL and is a doctor  at the hospital on south beach she loves It in FL I  go to visit and she always asked when I'm gonna move be hard to do for me I love the small town feeling where every one knows every one and every body would give their shirt off their back for anybody in need which is hard to find!!!!!fall is a lovely time in the bluegrass state I always tell people travel through here if they ever get a chance around that time and you will see why

I've seen photo's my late parents had taken back in their day and I'm sure no matter how breathtaking those Fall photo's may look, nothing can beat the sights and smell of seeing it in person.   

I wish I lived in a small one horse town, that's the very kind of place I'd love to live in.  Too me there is no better, or more perfect place than a small, quaint quiet town where everyone knows each other and crime is usually close to non-existent in them, except for maybe the town drunk.   Seems there is always one of those around. LOL

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Wish I had a car and could drive.  I'd love to be there for this show.  And I'll bet the HOA is going to be in such hot water that they're going to get hit with tons of fines and county violations for doing what they, not to mention you have to even apply for permits to do something like that and be approved before it could even be implemented.   This is one HOA that may actually get disbanded and eradicated over this idiocy!

I'd even pay an admission fee to see this show, be worth it to finally see at least one HOA get what they like to dish out and with more severe repercussion against the HOA.

You've got to come back and tell us how this went down.   Take some video if you can, that would be priceless.  Then we can all have a hefty laugh with you when they get their just desserts.🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

Went by to see GriswoldStyle's show and unfortunately the HOA placed limestone boulders across the vacant lot across the street from the show. This severely limited the excellent parking that GriswoldStyle needs for people to view his show. This was a cowardly chicken sh** act from the HOA especially just four days before Christmas. This restricts parking and keeps visitors from seeing one of the best light shows in Citrus County, FL. I sincerely hope that the County has the HOA remove the boulders and allows the visitors safely park.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Fireitup said:

Went by to see GriswoldStyle's show and unfortunately the HOA placed limestone boulders across the vacant lot across the street from the show. This severely limited the excellent parking that GriswoldStyle needs for people to view his show. This was a cowardly chicken sh** act from the HOA especially just four days before Christmas. This restricts parking and keeps visitors from seeing one of the best light shows in Citrus County, FL. I sincerely hope that the County has the HOA remove the boulders and allows the visitors safely park.

thank you for the kind words very sorry I had just woke up when you came by and I really wasn't all there.... Still waiting on the county but I doubt that will go anywhere. I think we're just going to vote out the two h O A members that did it I've already got one person that wants the treasurer's spot since that's the cancer that needs to go. she's been there for 15 years. Worst case scenario I just moved to a bigger venue LOL. I feel like Danny DeVito this year I got to go bigger

Edited by GriswoldStyle
  • Like 2

Freedom Wisconsin, which is about 25 miles southwest of Green Bay. We're having a mild December and the little bit of snow we had earlier this month is all gone.  Yaaaay!!!  😁

Keene Texas 1 hour South West of Dallas Texas Country Living our town closes up saturday and sunday no stores or gasstations

Just east of Wichita KS. Small community of 11 houses in the country just far enough off the Highway for a light show.

On a side note: This year I saw 2 of the best light shows I've ever seen. Both were in Wichita, one was on Longview Lane and the other was on Crestline Street. Excellent song choices and lights!! Crazy-good song mixes on Longview Lane.