Light-O-Rama Forums

Newb trying to add PIXCON16

smatyja

I am trying to add 4 RGB columns and 2 RGB windows to my light display with a PIXCON 16 and S5pro. Once I add the controller in the previewer and add some sequencing one Column of 100  come on and looks great but the rest of the RGB do not. Should I be doing this another way? Thanks in advance for your help and I know I am late in the game but I may be one of those that keeps the display up all year and tweak it until I get it right. 

Shay 

Personally, I generally do not add things to a S5 Preview by device.  Instead add by Prop.  In other words, create a prop with one column.  Duplicate that (and edit the channel assignments) as another column.  Repeat for the remaining two columns.  Then create a Prop Group for those four Props.  Next create a Prop for one window.  Copy that and edit the channels for the second window.  Create a Prop Group for the Windows.  The fact that they are both fed from the same PixCon 16 is totally irrelevant.

Make sense?

Also note that you are going to need to update your LOR software license.  Your Basic level license (as shown on your forum profile) can only control Unit IDs 1 & 2.  The PixCon takes more unit IDs if you are controlling it via LOR networks and if you are using E1.31, that takes at least an Advanced license.

http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-suite-software/

It does make sense let me give this a try. We have S5 pro but its in my wife's name so I think that's why I am show basic on my profile. I think what is confusing me is channel/port assignment's.

Shay  

Ok I see where I am stuck. I create the first one and it does fine and when I create the 2nd column/prop what do I need to edit the channel to? The unit on my first column is 8 and start circuit is 1. The second column unit number is 9 and start circuit is 1. I think I would need the unit number to be 8 on the second one  or am I looking at this wrong? 

Thanks again! 

The Preview always needs to match reality - whether it's a sing channel or the start channel for a prop with lots of channels.  For example, I have six arches that each have 50 Cosmic Color Pixels.  The first channel for arch #1 is Network AuxB, Unit ID 21, channel 1.  The second arch starts at Network ID AuxB, Unit ID 22, channel 1, etc.  When I built the arches in my Preview, I built them the same way..

You need to do the same.  If the second column starts with Unit ID 09 channel 1, build it that way in the Preview.

That makes sense but one question....I have my lights connected to my controller on ports 1 and 2. I have my preview set up at column1, REG network, unit 8 start circuit 1 and column 2 REG network, unit 9 start circuit 1 and with the box checked" Enter channel on first row, auto number the rest"and checked the box " Separate unit number for each RGB String". Is that correct?

shay