Light-O-Rama Forums

Gifts from people

~DOC~

I am somewhat a grumpy guy. But Christmas brings it out of me. I like to be happy. So to have what happen tonight. Wow. I have had good feedback from neighbors. Tonight I received homemade cookies. You can’t put a dollar sign to that. Oh I am so going bigger next year.  Those kids I saw tonight make it all worth it.

• Like 5

You do know that "IT IS BETTER TO GIVE, THAN TO RECEIVE...." ........Patiently waiting for MY cookies....😍😍😍

Greg

• Like 1

Just now, a31ford said:

You do know that "IT IS BETTER TO GIVE, THAN TO RECEIVE...." ........Patiently waiting for MY cookies....😍😍😍

Greg

Yea that was awesome. 

3 minutes ago, a31ford said:

CONGRATS Btw, on getting them... I wish I could get homemade cookies...

I've never received cookies, but if you come to my opening night, I serve them.  I baked 335 chocolate chip cookies a couple hours before my opening...

I was to Simi Valley in 1995 (Disneyland trip) to see old friends,  cookie would cause about $3500.00 just for one !!😭

We baked cookies and handed them out one year...

Candy canes are cheaper and much, much, much easier.

Folks who want cookies, text us and we bring some out. It happens more than you would think.

I make Mint Marangs... But Hershey's discontinued the Mint chocolate chips. I only have a few bags left from last year's case full.

People named them, "Elf Farts."

I have tried with everything including bacon and nothing is as good as Hershey's Mint chips. Too bad.

I could only get them at Christmas. Then I could only get them pre-ordered from the Hershey web site and now they are all gone.

I only hand out cookies on opening night.  Had about 50 people over for the opening and about 175 or so cookies got eaten.  I love to bake, so making a triple, double recipe is no big deal for me.  Love the way the kitchen smells too!  I've taken some lessons from my sister who manages the food service for a retirement community.  They cook for hundreds every day...

32 minutes ago, MikeERWNC said:

But Hershey's discontinued the Mint chocolate chips. I only have a few bags left from last year's case full.

That is such a bummer.  I always make some of the cookies with mint chips and green food coloring.  Now all I can do is add mint flavoring and the food coloring.  I also do some with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.  Those get red food coloring.

Hershey's told me to put Milk Chocolate chips in a container and pour in peppermint extract and let it sit over night... Just not the same flavor.

May have to do that. I had some people ask if I was serving cookies and hot chocolate. It’s an idea. 

Also had a few friends that requested a beer lol.

9 hours ago, a31ford said:

CONGRATS Btw, on getting them... I wish I could get homemade cookies...

9 hours ago, a31ford said:

Greg

It will come😎

3 hours ago, rcktpwrd said:

We found this last night next to our sign at the street:

0uW7ps7l.jpg

:)🆒  

Those type of gifts and the Thank You's on FB and the forums are the best gifts.

JR

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 6:50 PM, dibblejr said:

Those type of gifts and the Thank You's on FB and the forums are the best gifts.

JR

Love the Nailed it plate!    

• Like 1

• The topic was locked