Light-O-Rama Forums

Easy Light Linkers

kwt33

Do not know what doing wrong but not working.  Have PC, to USB485B, to Easy Light Linker.  Other Easy Light Linker to In RJ45 of the controller.

In the Hardware Utility can get the LOR RF to be seen and then can turn on the lights with  LOR control tab.  Simple show will not work nor will the sequence editor work at controlling the lights.  3.12.4 is software being used.

Looking for any assistance as first time trying the linkers

Thanks, Kevin

Ok, then maybe the ELLS is not the problem if you are able to get lights to activate the the hardware utility.  Have you gone through the checklist of other reasons why lights may not be working in your show?  

Edited by Richard Hamilton

Richard,  Thanks for the response.  Not sure what to check next.  The sequence editor will run but no lights activate to the song. 

If you can control lights from the HU it suggests to me that you are not set up properly in SE. Check your channel and unit IDs.

You do have control lights checked?

Are you on 3.11 as your profile says.

Well, there are a lot of things to check, and I'm sure other people will chime in.   I would first look to split the problem into either software or hardware.   Does the red led inside the controller light solid when you try to run your sequence?  Thus indicating that communication is ok?   And are you using a computer for this purpose?

Edited by Richard Hamilton

Is the sequence sending to the same ID and network as the HU showed for the controller. (windows does change things from time to time)

Edited by TheDucks

I'll defer to someone who knows 3.12

Common problem  is the sequence is assigned to the wrong Network or ID

The 2 other things:  CL (listener) needs to run and Control Lights.

Is the Red bulb in the tray?

Is Control Lights Ticked under the (SE) Play Menu

Red Bulb in tray=yes

control lights =checked

not sure what you mean by listener CL

how to find assigned network to the sequence?

Thanks to everyone for your assitance

KWT

Not sure if I read your sequence right or not, but I believe the correct sequence is PC to RS485 to controller then ELL, I think you have to have the ELL plugged into a controller for power. I cat 5 from my RS485 to my first controller then the ELL out of it. I think that is correct, someone correct me if that is wrong.

Keith

Just found this on the home LOR page for the ELL

Power: If you are connecting the ELL directly to a PC with no other LOR controllers connected to the PC then you will need the RS485B (voltage booster version) of our USB adapter. In general if there is a LOR controller connected to an ELL via a CAT5 cable the ELL will get power from the controller via the CAT5 cable.

Keith

4 minutes ago, Kapkirk said:

KWT

Not sure if I read your sequence right or not, but I believe the correct sequence is PC to RS485 to controller then ELL, I think you have to have the ELL plugged into a controller for power. I cat 5 from my RS485 to my first controller then the ELL out of it. I think that is correct, someone correct me if that is wrong.

Keith

He is hooked up correctly, using a 485B, which provides the required power as stated in his first post.

Version 3 and a LOR network does not need the Comm Listener running.  Confirm that you attempting to play from SE and NOT via running a show?

Yes am attempting to run from SE and not a show.  

If tried to attempt to run a show get an error that if remember the wording basically say cannot find port.  Not at the PC right now so wording may be incorrect.

Thank you to all with your suggestions and comments.  Finally got to work after trying many different things.  Ended up for a lack of better terms of OE(operator error)

The comm port was not being recognized correctly in SE after noticing the RED square in bottom right hand corner that said comm port status= error.

Once again thanks to all.

Kevin