Light-O-Rama Forums

Left Justify

Soupy8728

Is there a way to Left Justify the text on the channel buttons in the SE?  Mine are all centered and I don't really care for that look.  Thanks from the newb.

Carl

3 hours ago, Soupy8728 said:

Is there a way to Left Justify the text on the channel buttons in the SE?  Mine are all centered and I don't really care for that look.  Thanks from the newb.

Carl

Nope, always been the way it is, centered.   Would be nice if it could be left justified, then I could make the channel buttons smaller than they are without the gaps to the right of the text.  

Only thing I can tell you is make a suggestion to LOR for improving the software to allow justification of the channel button names.  Maybe ion a later release that may happen, as it is,  it's going to be always centered. 

Me I do like the centering, but, yes, I would use a left justification on some of the channel names I have.  

Probably because I do have long names so I know what it is, sometimes for me short abbreviated names don't help and I need a longer one to identify certain things in my display.  It's so I don't get them mixed up with another prop that may have a closely named abbreviated name.  But, again, that's just me. LOL

EDIT: BTW: I also add the unit ID # and the Channel # at the end of the Channel Button so I know what Controller, prop and channel number I'm working on, so that also adds a little more to the channel name.  Again, just my preference.

Edited by Orville

5 hours ago, Orville said:

Nope, always been the way it is, centered.   Would be nice if it could be left justified, then I could make the channel buttons smaller than they are without the gaps to the right of the text.  

OOPS!  That right of the text, at the end of the statement, should have been LEFT, not right!  Didn't catch that blooper in the proofreading before submitting. :o

Feed back from the programmers:

"Thanks for the feedback. In the S5 version of our software, all channel names are aligned to the left."

I guess when everyone upgrades to S5 you will have this option.  I think for folks like myself who have more simple configurations, S5 really wouldn't be much of a benefit.  Please chime in if you think otherwise as I am always eager to learn.  

Carl

7 hours ago, Soupy8728 said:

Feed back from the programmers:

"Thanks for the feedback. In the S5 version of our software, all channel names are aligned to the left."

I guess when everyone upgrades to S5 you will have this option.  I think for folks like myself who have more simple configurations, S5 really wouldn't be much of a benefit.  Please chime in if you think otherwise as I am always eager to learn.  

Carl

I'm not sure if S5 is beneficial for a small display or not.  I really think it depends on what is in your display to make it beneficial, a lot of RGB lighting, S5 might or might not be the way to go.

I'm using S4 myself still yet, after the season I may try and install S5 and see if I can figure it out.   Learning the Pixel Editor is what I need to do in S4, then S5, in that respect might be a little easier to get into, but not really sure.  As in S5 the SE and PE are combined into one program, not separate as they in S4.   And I still can't seem to get all 5 of my RGB Controllers and 10 strands of RGB lights in in and working.  I seem to get one strand and half of a single controller.   So I've got to figure out how to add things in there so I can at least attempt using it.

So far for me, the PE has been a bust, I just can't seem to grasp how you add things to it, reload them to get to them or do anything at all with that program.   I keep reading and looking at video when they are available, but I just can't seem to get the PE to work, no matter how hard I've tried.

So I stick with the SE for the most part in S4 for now.

Edited by Orville

On 12/20/2018 at 2:39 PM, Orville said:

I'm not sure if S5 is beneficial for a small display or not.  I really think it depends on what is in your display to make it beneficial, a lot of RGB lighting, S5 might or might not be the way to go.

I'm using S4 myself still yet, after the season I may try and install S5 and see if I can figure it out.   Learning the Pixel Editor is what I need to do in S4, then S5, in that respect might be a little easier to get into, but not really sure.  As in S5 the SE and PE are combined into one program, not separate as they in S4.   And I still can't seem to get all 5 of my RGB Controllers and 10 strands of RGB lights in in and working.  I seem to get one strand and half of a single controller.   So I've got to figure out how to add things in there so I can at least attempt using it.

So far for me, the PE has been a bust, I just can't seem to grasp how you add things to it, reload them to get to them or do anything at all with that program.   I keep reading and looking at video when they are available, but I just can't seem to get the PE to work, no matter how hard I've tried.

So I stick with the SE for the most part in S4 for now.

I am new this year. S5 is a learning curve for sure. Not much out there for video’s. I have multiple computers so I have S4 (which has tons of video tutorials) running my show this year. I did take and upload S5 to my laptop which I am finding difficult. This will allow me to try and learn it while keeping my orginal show in tact. And yes you have to learn PE from what I see so far in S5. I choose to go to S5 so I don’t have to relearn it again as I learn new things.