Light-O-Rama Forums

Missing Channels, and music skipping

Homertown

What FM transmitter are you using? 

If you have a nice one like my rangestar your laptop/ computer volume setting can wreak havoc on a song if it already has a lot of base. Simple turning down the volume will fix that in most cases.

JR

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homertown

• dibblejr

• Orville

• Kapkirk

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

4.4 is a Gen 2

He said its brand new- which indicates to me he was looking at his license level

There is no 4.4.2 firmware for g2

JR

Edited by dibblejr

8 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

He said its brand new- which indicates to me he was looking at his license level

There is no 4.4.2 firmware for g2

JR

Evidently, I am not seeing the firmware number, rather than the version of the downloaded program. As far as the music, I have the sound going from my headphone audio jack on the laptop to a amplifier that powers 2 rock speakers in the yard. Totally independent from the laptop and not part of the problem as I have the problem with out the speakers or amp installed. I will try to find the actual firmware version

Edited by Homertown

Thinking out loud....  The show runs for 20 minutes fine and then does not?  Restart and it runs another 20 minutes fine and then reverts back to having issues?  I have had MANY problems.  The hardware tends to work 100% or 0%.  The software tends to work 100% Windows tends to act stupid sometimes.  It's just the same 2 channels after 20 minutes everytime?

2 minutes ago, Homertown said:

Evidently, I am not seeing the firmware number, rather than the version of the downloaded program. As far as the music, I have the sound going from my headphone audio jack on the laptop to a amplifier that powers 2 rock speakers in the yard. Totally independent from the laptop and not part of the problem as I have the problem with out the speakers or amp installed. I will try to find the actual firmware version

Click on the control panel, go up to Hardware Utility, once hardware utility opens refresh "controller to be configured" its the refresh in the center. It may take a minute, it should say something like "found # of units, unit ID CTB16 and then firmware version

JR

1 minute ago, Kyle Whitaker said:

Thinking out loud....  The show runs for 20 minutes fine and then does not?  Restart and it runs another 20 minutes fine and then reverts back to having issues?  I have had MANY problems.  The hardware tends to work 100% or 0%.  The software tends to work 100% Windows tends to act stupid sometimes.  It's just the same 2 channels after 20 minutes everytime?

Its always the same 2 channels on the lights not triggering, and always the same choppy audio on the 2nd song on the loop

Sometimes it will run for an hour and be fine sometimes it will start acting up in 10 minutes, it kind of depends on wether or not Im watching. It seems like if Imm watching, of course its gonna stay working for over an hour and if I turn my head for a minute it starts acting up. I think I have gremlins.....Its the only thing that makes any real sense.!

6 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Click on the control panel, go up to Hardware Utility, once hardware utility opens refresh "controller to be configured" its the refresh in the center. It may take a minute, it should say something like "found # of units, unit ID CTB16 and then firmware version

JR

01-16pc-g3 ver 1.09

9 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

JR

Ver 1.09

Very strange.  This sounds like a lot of work but would probably take less than an hour.

1.  Lets assume you have control Unit ID 1 and 2 and Unit 1 has the problem channels 15 and 16.  

2.  Label the cords connected to the controllers 1-16.

3.  Use the HU to change the unit ID of Unit 1 to Unit 2 and change unit 2 to 1.

4.  Unplug the cords, swap controllers, and plug everything back in.

5.  Run the show again.  

Does the problem occur again on the same 2 channels but with the swapped controller?  If it occurs on the same 2 channels even though you swapped controllers then I would assume a software (windows or LOR issue).  If it occurs on the original controller and channels then MAYBE it's isolated to that controller.

5 minutes ago, Homertown said:

Ver 1.09

OK

Have you looked at your Scheduler?

Control Panel 

Schedule Editor - ensure you don't have a show conflict. 

Have you scrapped the MP3 and replaced or ran it through a program like audacity? 

Is the MP3 a purchased one or did you use software to get it from youtube or another site?

JR

Edited by dibblejr

7 minutes ago, Homertown said:

01-16pc-g3 ver 1.09

I have another question

You say always song 2.

Does that mean its the same song? If that's the case what happens if you simply remove the sequence?

In your original post you said "always". Later on you said "it may play an hour if you are watching it " I'm not holding you to the hour, but that would indicate not always. Take my similar situation during Halloween, my problem was consistent. It was a scheduler conflict. I was running my show using Show Editor- I had my last Christmas show in the Schedule. They were bumping heads. Once I removed the scheduled shows from 2017 no problem. I simply forgot to clear my shows after the season. 

JR

7 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

OK

Have you looked at your Scheduler?

Control Panel 

Schedule Editor - ensure you don't have a show conflict. 

Have you scrapped the MP3 and replaced or ran it through a program like audacity? 

Is the MP3 a purchased one or did you use software to get it from youtube or another site?

JR

I do audio editing for a living , its one of the tech things I am actually great at, so I'm sure there is  no conflicts in the audio clips, I used Adobe SoundBooth CS5 to create the audio files, but I think im going to dump them and start over with all new tracks and re configure an entire new sequence and see how it reacts. Maybe even with a new laptop....If it does similar to the same thing, then im at a stand still.

4 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I have another question

You say always song 2.

Does that mean its the same song? If that's the case what happens if you simply remove the sequence?

In your original post you said "always". Later on you said "it may play an hour if you are watching it " I'm not holding you to the hour, but that would indicate not always. Take my similar situation during Halloween, my problem was consistent. It was a scheduler conflict. I was running my show using Show Editor- I had my last Christmas show in the Schedule. They were bumping heads. Once I removed the scheduled shows from 2017 no problem. I simply forgot to clear my shows after the season. 

JR

I only have 2 song sequences, on the laptop.I play them in a loop non stop...Not sure how they could conflict with anything, there is nothing else there that the could conflict with.

1 hour ago, Homertown said:

There is no background programs going on , the laptop. I have drop every non essential program off the laptop so its plain Jane. 

I also added another 2MB of ram to make sure I have plenty of ram ( 4 MB) 

I forgot to mention the entire LOR set up is only 3 weeks old or so, I just got it delivered thee last week of November. I bought the entire set up from the controller to the CAT5 to the adapter and so on. The only thing I supplied is the laptop and the lights. My frustration level is so high now, Im about to just box it up and send it all back

I have tried contacting LOR and I did get 2 responses back,  but it took several days to hear back and both times the responses where of no help and didn't even address the problem as if they didn't even look at the problem rather than just had a standard response e mail ready to paste to every email as a response

When you write a HD ticket they need as much info as you can give. 

The answers you receive from us tonight will give you that much more info to provide to them.

Take in to consideration this is the absolute worst time to have a problem. They are probably up to their head in tickets and other work. Though that is not your fault it is something to take into consideration.

They actually have the very best tech support out there. 

I would let them know in yor next reply everything you have done here in order.

JR

7 minutes ago, Homertown said:

I do audio editing for a living , its one of the tech things I am actually great at, so I'm sure there is  no conflicts in the audio clips, I used Adobe SoundBooth CS5 to create the audio files, but I think im going to dump them and start over with all new tracks and re configure an entire new sequence and see how it reacts. Maybe even with a new laptop....If it does similar to the same thing, then im at a stand still.

If you understand audio - save the speed at 128kbps at a constant bit rate. Audio level is up to you.

Nothing goes in to my sequences unless it is ran through audacity and those variables are used.

But before you do that- try one more thing.

My friend Phil Massey eluded me to this at Halloween and it did work

Open the sequence

re play the sequence

Try saving it "as compressed" and make your show from that. 

Most of us use audacity to accomplish the above.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

7 hours ago, dibblejr said:

If you understand audio - save the speed at 128kbps at a constant bit rate. Audio level is up to you.

Nothing goes in to my sequences unless it is ran through audacity and those variables are used.

But before you do that- try one more thing.

My friend Phil Massey eluded me to this at Halloween and it did work

Open the sequence

re play the sequence

Try saving it "as compressed" and make your show from that. 

Most of us use audacity to accomplish the above.

JR

It is indeed 128kbps, and I will try saving it as compressed and then make the show from that

2 hours ago, Homertown said:

It is indeed 128kbps, and I will try saving it as compressed and then make the show from that

Hopefully you set it at a constant bit rate as well.

Hopefully it helps rectify the issue.

JR

Just to make sure, verify the audio should be CONSTANT bit rate, 

How long are the two sequences, You are just repeating them 1,2,   1,2, right? Nothing else?

Are you sure there are no other sequences playing in the animation or background tabs of show editor.

What happens if you play each sequence in Sequence Editor, with loop turned on..

Try playing the show On Demand and see it it behaves any differently.

10 hours ago, Homertown said:

I only have 2 song sequences, on the laptop.I play them in a loop non stop...Not sure how they could conflict with anything, there is nothing else there that the could conflict with.

Only way I ever had a conflict similar to yours.

I was experimenting around with the Calendar option in the Schedule Editor and I had my shows set up in the Weekly option in the Schedule Editor.  

Seems the Calendar and Weekly options can co-exist, I'm not sure if they are supposed too, but I had a Calendar Show and a Weekly show set on the same day{Week} and date{Calendar}, perhaps you made a show in the Calendar option inadvertently and both are attempting to run at the same time?  Thereby possibly creating this strange conflict. 

I think one should warn you about the other being in conflict, mine did not, so I started looking at the Calendar and at the Weekly shows I had set up in the Schedule Editor, sure enough, deleted the Calendar Show and then everything went back to working normally.  Fortunately I found this issue before I started running my show!

Not saying this is definitely your issue, this could be just something else to look into, just in case you tried to use both options and both are running at the same time.   I would think the Schedule Editor would have given me a show conflict error when I made this mistake, but for some odd reason, it did not. 

I do get warnings and errors in the Week option I use if I overlap shows when I'm trying to change show times from time to time, and it won't let me do it.   But for some weird reason using both Calendar and Weekly at the same time, I got no error or warning messages of any conflict, even though there was one!

EDIT: P.S. just saw Phil's reply, apparently typing our responses about the same time.   But he's also correct in that  can also mess a show up and it will create some strange and unwanted lighting effects.  So another option to look at is what Phil also suggested. Thanks Phil, I even forgot about that one.

Edited by Orville