Light-O-Rama Forums

Videotaping your display

jwblazek

Having a real tough time trying to video tape (using a SLR) my display this year. Either blurry, over or underexposed and particular, the RED LED's blurring 

Have already disabled auto focus, using a WB of outdoor and using a tri pod

Suggestion?

Besides disabling auto-focus, also disable auto-aperture.  Make the camera as manual as you can get it.  Often the best results are before it gets completely dark.

I tried my JVC Everio video camera.  Had same problem. My Galaxy S9 did a better job. Might have to break out my Sony HDR-AX2000. 

One thing I do that seems to help is to copy your sequence and name it sequence video only.lms (or whatever works for you) Edit the video only sequence and reduce the effects intensity to a much lower number than 100%. In S5 I lower the intensity for video taping to 10% - 20%. It helps with my camera and setup.

It has been awhile since I used S4 so I don't remember how to lower effect intensities in S4, maybe some one will chime in. It's worth a try. I found the number I liked by lowering part of the sequence 60% then another part to 40% etc.., until I got to a number that looked good for video. I just use this sequence for video taping and still have my original show sequence at whatever intensities I had set in it.

Just a thought.

Alan...