Light-O-Rama Forums

One sequence will not run during show

Lisn2me

I added a couple of new sequences to my show but one will not run. CP log says "ERROR WITH SEQUENCE ( cannot open sequence then the file location) so far I have tried to delete play files and re-create them, I have also tried to save the sequence as a new name and then create play files from that without luck.  One thing I did notice is that for files related to this sequence I have the "play.lms" file but not a "play.lms.lcs" file I am unsure if that may be the root cause, I am also not real familar with the file extensions and relationship to the show. 

any thoughts or direction correcting this. 

well I thought I was on a good path there, bummer.. what should I look for when the File wont open in the show? This is the only one that wont open. 

FIXED - Started Playing around and saved a new sequence. the old file name had both a comma and an apostrophe in the name, "Baby, It's cold outside" I remove both and saved the Sequence, Created new Play files and it worked.. Now I am not sure if that was the issue and the SE doesn't like files with punctuation but it's working now.  

Interesting. Could well be. That might be considered a bug. The program should reject improper filenames, and tell the user the issue. Might even be a Windows file handing issue.

7 hours ago, Lisn2me said:

FIXED - Started Playing around and saved a new sequence. the old file name had both a comma and an apostrophe in the name, "Baby, It's cold outside" I remove both and saved the Sequence, Created new Play files and it worked.. Now I am not sure if that was the issue and the SE doesn't like files with punctuation but it's working now.  

Glad you got it fixed. 

I tested with sequences named "Baby, It's cold outside", "Baby It's cold outside", and "Baby, Its cold outside". As the log below shows, all 3 names were played by the Show Player.

So maybe there was another character in the file name? Perhaps one of the other "Single Quote-like Characters" noted on this page: https://www.cs.sfu.ca/~ggbaker/reference/characters/ ?

Matt

11:35:34 PM: Connected to Comm Listener
11:36:48 PM: Show Player starting (for on demand shows)
11:36:48 PM: Schedule loaded
11:36:49 PM: Initializing LOR networks
11:36:49 PM: LOR networks initialized
11:36:49 PM: Request for show on demand received: C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\0-S5 Test Sequences\Baby Its cold outside.lss
11:36:53 PM: Show Player initialized
11:36:54 PM: Starting show: C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\0-S5 Test Sequences\Baby Its cold outside.lss
11:36:54 PM: Loading sequence: C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\0-S5 Test Sequences\Baby It's cold outside.play.las
11:36:54 PM: Exporting compressed sequence for C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\0-S5 Test Sequences\Baby It's cold outside.play.las
11:36:54 PM: Starting Animation: C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\0-S5 Test Sequences\Baby It's cold outside.play.las
11:37:09 PM: Ending Animation: C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\0-S5 Test Sequences\Baby It's cold outside.play.las
11:37:09 PM: Loading sequence: C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\0-S5 Test Sequences\Baby, Its cold outside.play.las
11:37:09 PM: Exporting compressed sequence for C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\0-S5 Test Sequences\Baby, Its cold outside.play.las
11:37:09 PM: Starting Animation: C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\0-S5 Test Sequences\Baby, Its cold outside.play.las
11:37:24 PM: Ending Animation: C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\0-S5 Test Sequences\Baby, Its cold outside.play.las
11:37:24 PM: Loading sequence: C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\0-S5 Test Sequences\Baby, It's cold outside.play.las
11:37:24 PM: Exporting compressed sequence for C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\0-S5 Test Sequences\Baby, It's cold outside.play.las
11:37:24 PM: Starting Animation: C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\0-S5 Test Sequences\Baby, It's cold outside.play.las
11:37:39 PM: Ending Animation: C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\0-S5 Test Sequences\Baby, It's cold outside.play.las
11:37:39 PM: Starting Animation: C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\0-S5 Test Sequences\Baby It's cold outside.play.las
11:37:54 PM: Ending Animation: C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\0-S5 Test Sequences\Baby It's cold outside.play.las
11:37:54 PM: Starting Animation: C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\0-S5 Test Sequences\Baby, Its cold outside.play.las
11:38:04 PM: Immediate shutdown requested
11:38:04 PM: Show Player shutting down