Light-O-Rama Forums

Voiceover Scripts

NJJohn

Good morning Christmas lighters, hope all is going well with your displays.  I finally have mine up and running and have decided to add some voice with greetings, announcing songs, and do’s and don’ts.  I am lucky enough to have a friend with the perfect radio voice and is no stranger to performing willing to provide his voice and talent however every time I sit down to type up a script, my brain goes blank.  Are there any generic or custom scripts out there I can use as a starting point? I’m not looking to copy anyone’s work, I just need some ideas.  It kills me that I can sequence a song but draw a blank when it comes to what to say in the announcements.

Any help however big or small would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you and Merry Christmas to you all.

John

PM sent with my scripts from several years ago.  For the past several years, I have used VoiceOvers done by "The Demented Elf".  Kevin did a far better job than I did (he has the creativity that I lack).  Unfortunately, Kevin has retired.  When Kevin did the announcements, I broke up the message into a larger number of shorter announcements.  My show currently has five announcements that run throughout the show with the listed duration and run at about these time intervals:

Show opening (64 seconds) - 45 minutes

Merry Christmas (11 seconds) - 20 minutes

You can control the show with MIIP (43 seconds) - 20 minutes

Be nice to the neighbors (46 seconds) - 40 minutes

Visit us Online (40 seconds) - 40 minutes

Closing for the night (46 seconds) - end of the night

Happy New Year (13 seconds) - 20 minutes (gets added after Christmas)

Closing for the season (43 seconds) - end of the night on the last night of the season

I used one years ago that states the speed limit in our neighborhood {10mph}, to watch for pedestrians in the roads and give them the right of way as there are no sidewalks in our neighborhood, to watch out for children and a reminder to please keep and turn off all lights when watching the show from your vehicle so as not to distract or blind others trying to view the show, thank you for your cooperation.  I also stated we do have a Security Officer that patrols the neighborhood and if your radio is too loud, he/she may ask you to lower the volume, please cooperate with our Security Officer, as Security can ask you to leave for not cooperating.

Hope these may help you get your voice-overs going for your display.

Orville, your information combined with Jim’s is a huge help.  I now have a good basis to start writing my scripts.  Thank you very much for taking the time to reply and providing that information.

Merry Christmas

John

• Thanks 1

A number of years ago when I was building my home theater, there was a group that got together and hired an announcer to  do a rather extensive list. We had some generic type announvements like:

Welcome to the show. 

The show is about to begin.

The XXXXX family welcomes you to our show.

Etc, etc.

Then we had him say several short phrases like,

The, a, an, 1,2,3, so that we could ultimately create our own announcements out of the parts.

Hope this gives you some ideas. 

55 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

PM sent with my scripts from several years ago.  For the past several years, I have used VoiceOvers done by "The Demented Elf".  Kevin did a far better job than I did (he has the creativity that I lack).  Unfortunately, Kevin has retired.  When Kevin did the announcements, I broke up the message into a larger number of shorter announcements.  My show currently has five announcements that run throughout the show with the listed duration and run at about these time intervals:

Show opening (64 seconds) - 45 minutes

Merry Christmas (11 seconds) - 20 minutes

You can control the show with MIIP (43 seconds) - 20 minutes

Be nice to the neighbors (46 seconds) - 40 minutes

Visit us Online (40 seconds) - 40 minutes

Closing for the night (46 seconds) - end of the night

Happy New Year (13 seconds) - 20 minutes (gets added after Christmas)

Closing for the season (43 seconds) - end of the night on the last night of the season

I would love to see these scripts as well if you could share....Thank you!

All the scripts listed above are copyrighted by The Demented Elf and I am not at liberty to distribute them.

• The topic was locked