Light-O-Rama Forums
DocBrown86

White LED Flood Issue

I just added 4, white LED 50W Floods to my display. They used to be 120W Incandescent bulbs. I noticed that the lights all react together, but never the same each time the sequence runs.

They don't come on early enough one time (like half a second late), then the next time they are perfect, or half a second early. They also take half-ish seconds of power before they'll even consider turning on.

Is there something is SE or HU I can do to fix this? Dimming curve, or other setting? I've never had this issue yet, so not sure where to start, but I love these lights so I want them to work...

I take it these are 120VAC powered floods that are being controlled by a LOR AC controller.  About the only control you have in LOR is to make sure that the channel is ON or OFF rather than dimming.  If the lights are not consistent in how they power up, there i not much you can do about it - as you can't control it the power up delay.

If I am assuming wrong, please elaborate.

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I take it these are 120VAC powered floods that are being controlled by a LOR AC controller.  About the only control you have in LOR is to make sure that the channel is ON or OFF rather than dimming.  If the lights are not consistent in how they power up, there i not much you can do about it - as you can't control it the power up delay.

If I am assuming wrong, please elaborate.

You’re right on the equipment specs. I guess maybe I just need to take the light apart and see what’s inside that might be messing with it lighting up. It just struck me as odd that it never has the same power-up time when it seems like it’s just a basic light.

I have two suggestions:

1. If you have simply swapped out the incan bulbs for LED ones, you might have to find another make/model of bulb that is more consistent and suitable. 

2. Replace them with LOR RGB floodlights.    They work amazingly well and you'll have the option of any colors you like. 

6 hours ago, DocBrown86 said:

You’re right on the equipment specs. I guess maybe I just need to take the light apart and see what’s inside that might be messing with it lighting up. It just struck me as odd that it never has the same power-up time when it seems like it’s just a basic light.

LED Ballasts have different (varied) soft start times. This is a desired  'feature' for normal use. It prevents circuit overload due to inrush when a bank of these (think parking lot) are turned on..  If you need fast switching, Install a 12V Headlight relay in each lamp low voltage side. Power up the Ballasts before the show start and use a CMB24 (ungrouped RGB port) channel to operate the relay(s)