Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights Turn OFF Suddenly

jpshulf

I have been using my CTB16PCg3 for a few weeks now.  My sequences seem to run fine where lights are blinking and fading, with lights typically staying on no more than 5 seconds or so.  However when I turn on channels manually in the hardware utility they turn off suddenly after about 30 seconds.  I also experienced this with a recent startup animation sequence I created in which I slowly turn everything on with fades.  After a couple minutes with most of the lights on, everything instantly shuts off.  I have 5-10 LED light strands on each channel.  Am I missing something here?

1 hour ago, jpshulf said:

I have been using my CTB16PCg3 for a few weeks now.  My sequences seem to run fine where lights are blinking and fading, with lights typically staying on no more than 5 seconds or so.  However when I turn on channels manually in the hardware utility they turn off suddenly after about 30 seconds.  I also experienced this with a recent startup animation sequence I created in which I slowly turn everything on with fades.  After a couple minutes with most of the lights on, everything instantly shuts off.  I have 5-10 LED light strands on each channel.  Am I missing something here?

What are you using as a power cord to FEED the controller. HOW LONG and what Gauge?

3 minutes ago, jpshulf said:

It is plugged directly into my gfi outlet receptacle with the 2 standard plugs that come with the controller.  No extension cords.

Well pretty much scratch my voltage dropping below what the Controller LOGIC supply needed. (But you might put a meter on the board input, and watch what it does just befor shutoff?

BTW, this is a Factory unit fitted with the standard heatsink?

• The topic was locked