Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights acting glitchy, out of sync...

David K

My LOR setup seemed fine, even tested them during the day before it got dark so I could start the show. Then I programmed it to detect my RGB lights and that worked too. The lights are now not lighting up how they should. They act delayed and they keep pausing, and some lights that SHOULD be going on aren't.

Again, they were working earlier. I do have both the LOR USB485B and the HolidayCoro Actidongle in use. I can't tell if either my computer is being slow, or maybe I need to reset the computer again? Nothing is working when just earlier the lights were fine. Any suggestions, anyone? Thank you.

4 hours ago, David K said:

My LOR setup seemed fine, even tested them during the day before it got dark so I could start the show. Then I programmed it to detect my RGB lights and that worked too. The lights are now not lighting up how they should. They act delayed and they keep pausing, and some lights that SHOULD be going on aren't.

Again, they were working earlier. I do have both the LOR USB485B and the HolidayCoro Actidongle in use. I can't tell if either my computer is being slow, or maybe I need to reset the computer again? Nothing is working when just earlier the lights were fine. Any suggestions, anyone? Thank you.

Please provide more detail. This is one hobby/ addiction that there no such thing as too much info.

Types of controllers

Lights

Sounds like you only tested them in HU. If that is the case here is one bit of advice to remember. Hardware Utility (HU) - think of it as a back door. As long as you have a working controller connected and working lights connected to the controller, the lights will work during tests.

Shut that door to leave and head over to SE and all bets are off. If you Network(s) are not configured properly and or your controller not added to the SE correctly, you will have no or bad acting lights.

Always test with a test sequence or the real sequence.

Provide more detail and someone will come along and help. Remember answers are getting more difficult to get since most of us have show stuff going on. 

JR

David, I too use USB485B & actidongle in separate usb ports off the laptop.  I had glitches until I changed LOR network speed to 115.4k.  What's your Network Speed?

• The topic was locked