Light-O-Rama Forums

Bluetooth options?

NV1985

Hi, I was curious if there is a way to transmit so that people could listen to the show via bluetooth on their car radios or phones   My friend has a radio thay actually had NO radio, it's all satellite or bluetooth or aux.  That got me thinking that eventually the FM transmitter might not cut it. 

Anyone do this already?  

1) I would like to know which car manufacturer is shipping cars without AM/FM radios.

2) The only thing that comes to mind is lag. You couldn't stream the music to an app that people could use to hear the show. Not sure if Bluetooth connections would work either. That said, if you output the audio to a device that can transmit via Bluetooth, etc., then you could try it out.

AFAIK Blutooth needs a 'Pairing' step. That defiantly should not be attempted while driving, but I also think it has to be done at TOGETHER at both ends.

Lastly. BT has a Maximum range of 30' in open space.

I'm with Dons #1. Who ships a CAR dash unit with No AM/FM?

10 hours ago, Don said:

1) I would like to know which car manufacturer is shipping cars without AM/FM radios.

Ha Ha.  Yes, me too.  I want to know.  I never heard this.   Does OP mean that Ford is now shipping the Model "A" again?  🤣

I think an FM radio is the only way to go (easy and inexpensive), if you don't want external speakers.

And to add, for the reasons that Ducks mention, I would not consider BT.... short range, need to pair, not that reliable, issue with pairing to multiple devices simultaneously, and most people are just not going to want to hassle with it.

Edited by Richard Hamilton

• The topic was locked