Light-O-Rama Forums

DIY Net Lights (my OCD is showing)

martsycart

After having a few windy days, my lights on my shrubs were getting on my nerves. I looked into net lights, but they only seem to come in white or multi-color. I used some plastic mesh fencing, 400 LED lights and 400 zip-ties. Turned out well, just need to get it wrapped on the sides some so it doesn't look like a stop sign.

1705798787_NetLights.thumb.jpg.ace042ab7e1bc078a37c6b0ce3da4222.jpg

Full res pics can be found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JyspsxWrBG6OXVuKxfp4zJMBjfWr4IMb

• Like 1

Nice work.  Definitely makes a big difference.  How long did it take you to make it?  I made 3 firesticks and 2 leaping arches this year that took about 2.5 hrs each to make, including 8 ext cords for each one.  What's nice about DIY is that you only have to make it once, and can spend any extra time you have next year making more DIY props.

30 minutes ago, Speedster said:

How long did it take you to make it?

It took about 4 hours all said and done. And I thought the same thing, one and done. Now I just need to figure out a better way to support them. They're kinda heavy so my infant shrub isn't able to hold it up very well. Might try using some tomato cages.  

• The topic was locked