Light-O-Rama Forums

Hung Show

ndutton

Comments based on 5.2.2 PRO

@Matt,

Yesterday in my "random sequence show" the whole show hung mid song at one point and I shut down the show and restarted it. Laziness took over and rather than debug, it was just one of those things, will move on,
Today the same thing happened again, so a quick WTF moment and I realized from the logs that it happened during the same song, coincidence - I doubt it.

As such - does it make sense I zip up the whole sequence along with the assets and send it to you somewhere. Its obviously clipping some limit somewhere. Maybe a memory leak or some out of bound operation?

thoughts.

Nick

OK done (Ticket #758586)

however, last night after the show had finished I looked out side and I noticed that ONE of my props was still flashing away (a 16 channel spiral tree). If the show is shut down - where is it getting its command to dance and flicker from? (Not the log does say that the show had ended.

Something here is a miss. None of this happened last year during the beta version of 5.x I was using. This is weird.

Edited by ndutton

1 hour ago, ndutton said:

however, last night after the show had finished I looked out side and I noticed that ONE of my props was still flashing away (a 16 channel spiral tree). If the show is shut down - where is it getting its command to dance and flicker from? (Not the log does say that the show had ended.

What model of controller? What firmware version? Is the network running enhanced? What speed?

Matt

Are you controlling the show from a PC or Director?  I gather from a PC.  If so, confirm that the LOR status showed no sequences running?  Had you at some point downloaded a test sequence into a controller?  At the end of your show, was the show player still running, or did you unload LOR or shut down the computer?  And I see Matt asked a couple more questions.

correct, no show running. From a PC. 

Clicked disable shows immediately, enable schedule, all fixed.

Matt - for your questions, i will need to come back to you.

Edited by ndutton

On 12/9/2018 at 9:08 PM, ndutton said:

i do. I can try without it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that. It is safer with it enabled.

Matt

I had the same thing happen to me last night. The show stayed on after it was supposed to be off. More important is that the lights just stayed on. Restarted show and ill see if it does it today.

I have had the same issue the last 2 nights (first nights I have been running a show). My show currently is all animation, no music sequences. At the end of the show (11pm), I have noticed lights from an older 16 channel controller are still on, but not at full intensity. I run 4 networks as enhanced and 1 as regular for the older controllers and devices that do not support enhanced. I have to disable the schedule to get the lights to turn off. Let me know what additional info I can provide.

@rabeiler check out my other thread, i found when i preloaded the sequences my show started doing the right thing. Maybe something to try?

On 12/11/2018 at 6:09 AM, Rabeiler said:

I have had the same issue the last 2 nights (first nights I have been running a show). My show currently is all animation, no music sequences. At the end of the show (11pm), I have noticed lights from an older 16 channel controller are still on, but not at full intensity. I run 4 networks as enhanced and 1 as regular for the older controllers and devices that do not support enhanced. I have to disable the schedule to get the lights to turn off. Let me know what additional info I can provide.

Which program did you use to create the show (Show Editor, Simple Show Builder, or Hub)? Is the older controller with lights still on attached to the "non-enhanced" network?

Matt

Well i thought preloading fixed it but it hung again tonight, on a totally different song also....

I use LORShow.exe to build the show.