Light-O-Rama Forums

Build Sequence on 1 computer then run on another???

Brent Hall

Sorry guys ....I have looked till I can't see straight.....How can I build sequence on my main computer and then move everything to my laptop to run my show???   I have access to a networked drive as well as thumb drives... Just can't seem to get music and sequences all to move over in a way that makes everything happy.   BTW  desktop running Windows 10 and poor old laptop running Windows 7.    I am sure I am just overlooking something but my brain hurts!

TIA

Brent

49 minutes ago, Brent Hall said:

Sorry guys ....I have looked till I can't see straight.....How can I build sequence on my main computer and then move everything to my laptop to run my show???   I have access to a networked drive as well as thumb drives... Just can't seem to get music and sequences all to move over in a way that makes everything happy.   BTW  desktop running Windows 10 and poor old laptop running Windows 7.    I am sure I am just overlooking something but my brain hurts!

TIA

Brent

All you really need to move is the .lms file and the music file. Move the .lms files and put them in the LOR/Sequences folder and put the music in the LOR/Audio folder. Then all you have to do is open the sequence and link the music if needed and Save, all the other files will reappear.

• Like 2

Here is what I do.  On ALL five computers that have LOR installed, I have a mapped network drive of L:  In the case of the three computes at home, L:\ is really a folder on my server.  For the two computers that are not normally (or ever) on the home LAN, L:\ is really C:\LOR on that computer's hard drive.  In all cases, LOR is mapped to look at L:\  That way I never have to worry about re-pointing media files because they are always in the same place.  This is particularly useful with different OS versions because Microsoft keeps changing where "My Documents" really is.  If you don't know how to create a mapped network drive either on a local hard drive or a network drive, I can explain it.

In the case of the three computers on the LAN at home, as soon as a change is saved on one computer, all the others can see the revised file, so I don't have to do anything to "move" the file.  Of course the computers that are not on the LAN are not quite that easy.  I use either Google Drive or a USB drive to move the .lms (or now for S5, the .loredit) files.

I just copy the entire LOR directory as is from one computer to another.  As long as the install was set exactly as the other computer it's on, it should find everything without issue.  But all folders and files all need to be in the exact same folder with the same exact names used from where the sequences were originally created.

Quite simple really.  I have 2 computers and both have different OS, but the LOR install was identical on both, and I just copied my C:\LOR folder, every bit of content and copied it to the 2nd system.   Never had to re-link music or sequences ever.  And I've been doing it this way for years.   I'll use a large capacity SD Card or a rewritable DVD and copy the directory to one of those media types, then copy it from it to the other computer.   Works for me 100% of the time.  Or if you have an external HD, you can use that as well to make the transfer.

• Like 1