Light-O-Rama Forums

My display for 2018

dougd

Awesome job Doug!!!

I usually always try and sequence a new song during the holidays.  After watching your video, I'm now motivated to jump on "The Greatest Show" band wagon. Looks like I have some late nights ahead of me...

On 12/6/2018 at 4:45 PM, Euro92 said:

Man that's awesome!!! I was just feeling good about my 1st year.

Well this is my 13th year. I am very happy I have no video of my year.

I wish I could take credit for the sequence. This was brought over from Xlights, this is the Xlights around the world sequence for this year.

Where's the popcorn?  It's like the old days with drive in movie theaters but Christmas style!

Edited by B.Y.R.G.
  • Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, B.Y.R.G. said:

Where's the popcorn?  It's like the old days with drive in movie theaters but Christmas style!

There's still around a dozen drive-in theaters in WI, and there's actually one in our town less than a half-mile from our house!  I don't think I've been to a drive-in movie since the 70s lol.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 12:42 PM, B.Y.R.G. said:

Stays pretty busy out in the yard. Once it slows down a bit, which typically isn't until after Christmas, the wife and I will pop a batch of popcorn, park the car in the yard and watch the lights for an hour or longer. I look forward to that every year. Besides opening night I only get to watch the lights from the windows.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Speedster said:

There's still around a dozen drive-in theaters in WI, and there's actually one in our town less than a half-mile from our house!  I don't think I've been to a drive-in movie since the 70s lol.

I know there's one in Door County...only been to it once, though. We go there every summer and every other Christmas. I grew up in South Jersey, the HOME of the Drive In! There were at least 7 within about 10 miles of my house. You could always tell when one of the neighborhood families was going to the drive in...all the kids were in their pajamas by 6:30-7:00!

28 minutes ago, Speedster said:

There's only one drive-in theater that I know of in the San Diego metro area.  Been there a couple of times in the past 10 years.   It's about 30 mins. drive and as most do they play a double feature which can be long.  Any chance they're using a WHT from LOR to broadcast the audio for the movie?   hahaha!

• The topic was locked