Light-O-Rama Forums

give the spray anti-humidity controllers

Pioerpaolo

Hello everyone from Italy.

Always excuse my great English online ;-), any of you can tell me whether it is convenient or not, or has already done for some time, that is to give the spray anti-humidity controllers, of course with all the cables attached, otherwise isolates them ???? Can it be good as a protection or is it discouraged? Thanks for your help

Assuming you are talking about the AC controller, it's not really needed as long as you keep the door closed and the controllers vertical.  The enclosure will keep the rain out.

If your concern is living very close to the sea and getting salt air inside, that could be different.  I don't have a good answer for that...

E fidati di me, il tuo inglese è migliore del mio italiano (ho truffato e usato Google translate per questo)

Keeping the power applied, will also keep things warm and help dry out moisture that might get in.

But stopping it from getting in is the first step. Follow K6CCC advice. BTW Italy does not have the kind of Humidity that the South USA does. You are more like California climate

I live in a very humid state, Florida.  And I've never sprayed my controllers with anything to keep the humidity out.  But I do block off my Cat5 cable entryways with PVC pipe insulation foam snugged around the Cat5 Cables going to and out of the controller access port. I just wrap it around the Cat5 Cables and push it up into the opening around them until it's nice and snug.   It helps keep lizards and other critters from getting inside that could cause possible damage or a short circuit inside the controller.

• The topic was locked