Light-O-Rama Forums

Cat5 ports short out??

Redroan

Two of my controllers seem to have issues with the cat5 ports.  While in the daisy chain they do not link to the other units (5).  When I bypass that unit the other work correctly.  Not sure if this is a update issue or a bad port.  I can not test them as the hardware utility can not communicate using either port.  Is this simply a bad port and I need to have the repaired or replace the board?  Any input will be appreciated. 

Thank you

.Redroan

Could be a bad jack.  I would look carefully inside the jack and make sure you don't have any bent pins (which are fairly easy to correct).  Do the jacks wiggle at all if you gently push on them (they shouldn't).  I would also double check your cat 5 cables to make sure they aren't the problem.  

I have the same problem right now. Everything worked great last year. I had 8 CTB16 controller advanced software S4, this year I upgraded to PRO software and added 2 more controllers and now I can't seem to get more than 3 controllers to work at a time. I think it might be a bad cat 5 cable or 2. Or does anyone know if mixing cat 5 and cat 6 cables make an issue (can't imagine it would)? Or could it be that I have never updated the firmware on any of my controllers? I got my first controller in 2015 then added 1, then 2 then 4 then 2 now totaling ten with probably 5 different versions of firmware. I have a gen3 SD mini director so I would have to uninstall 10 controller and bring them all into the house and hook them back up to my desktop to do it. Lots of time to do that though. PS if this helps my controller lights flash green then go solid when I hook a cat 5 or 6 cable into them and then start flashing green again. 

• The topic was locked